Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,795   Online: 801

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The prints are in the mail!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Received prints from Jeff (trotkiller) and Bob (megzdad81) in recent days. Jeff's graffiti shot belies any focusing issues and has some subtle colours that invite a closer look.

Bob's packaging is a masterful achievement that protected the enclosed print from the rigours of international post, including a puncture wound to the outer layers - Took me ages to fight my way in, but worth it in the end. Just a hint of a horizon, and again subtle colours. Would like some technical info like paper & developer used - Enquiring minds would like to know

Got three prints done over the weekend, and hope to get them in the post on Tuesday.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My prints were done a few days ago but still flattening. This house is much warmer and less damp than my old place (which is nice in general), but prints dry with much greater curl and it has a habit of coming back after I think they are properly flat!

Hoping to have them sent out next week.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Got my hands on Lillian's (sly) prints just before 03:00 this morning, but waited until I got home to open the package. Do like the delicate highlights in the Stoneleigh Abbey shot. I've been using the last few sheets of Foma 131 myself, but have yet to get the pinkish browns that this print displays.

The bleach/redeveloped maple leaves has a gritty feel that I'm more familiar with in a lith print. The hand coloured leaves make them stand out without being overpowering.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob, I've had your edge-of-the-water shot on my table for a week. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I enjoy the contrastiness of the bench against the soft and delicate highlights of the water/horizon.

Looking forward to seeing more liths, keep em coming folks.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have received a print from Rachelle. Oh boy! The statues are such CUUUUUUUUUUUTIES!!!! My whole family just love them. I need to find a suitable frame for your print. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob, I got your print a couple of weeks ago. It's a killer print, great work.

What paper is it printed on? My guess is Fomatone RC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eugene, thanks for the great comments! I've also received your two prints (you and Sly are making me feel bad!) -- I love the image of the phantom ship, but the colours and subject of the burned tree is my favorite. Thanks so much!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well my prints ended up being sent "again". Originally left with my company mail room. But when I was in the mail room yesterday what should I see sitting on the bench, but my prints. Anyway grabbed them back and took to the post office myself during my lunch hour.

At long last they are on the way.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The mailbox has been exciting this past week.
    First I received Annikin's prints. The burnt tree is very interesting visually. The Crater Lake print is a bit flat. Less exposure, longer in the developer maybe? You say you're having a hard time getting consistent results. 2 things I've found that help. 1 - don't skimp on developer. A nice deep tray half full. When I started lith, I was using as shallow an amount as I could get away with. I thought I'd save money. The developer just exhausted so quickly, I wasted tons of paper. 2 - once I know I like an image, and have exposure/development figured out, I expose 2 and develop together, back to back. Faster and more consistent results for the exchange, and duplicates for the portfolio or for toning experiments.
    *Next I received Rachelle's wonderful print of little statues under a hydrangea. Awesome!! You have great command of your film and the lith process.
    Yesterday I received Paul's prints. The money tree one is interesting, but I prefer the tones and the subject of the High Sweden bridge. I think this was the trip you were on just before we saw you in the fall? I remember your stories about how wet the camping trip was.

I think I only need one more packet in the mail to complete this round. Then it's time for the next. I think the lith exchange is my favorite.
    Last edited by sly; 01-19-2012 at 06:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Strange asterisks removed

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin