Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,873   Online: 1071

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343839404142434445 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hah, Apple would give us one film to replace colour and B&W, "duotone". Google would give us film that secretly uploads a digital copy to them

Shooter
    35mm
    44 pages and counting. Are you following all this Mr Lebens? It started with a kiss, I never thought it would come to this.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Googlechrome. Oh... wait.
    I lol'd
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dnjl View Post
    Something tells me that they won't acquire the film division though.
    It doesn't look like they're going to sell their film patents, nor does it look like they're going to sell off their film business.

On the contrary it looks like they're still trying to figure out ways to make film relevant for archival purposes.

Here's a lovely news item: Kodak Releases More Film Stock for Archiving and Preservation. Music to my ears! Here's the info page for the new film, Vision3.

Combined with that new film information iOS app, it looks like Kodak is making a concerted effort to fool us into believing it's film business will continue.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, it seems we finally know who's "running" Kodak in these times and who is behind products being discontinued...

http://www.schmalfilm-online.de/news...+8+massiv/1311

This article quotes insiders saying discontinuing Ektachrome 100D was a decision of financial controllers and NOT of Kodak itself(!). The same guys are telling Kodak to raise prices of Super8 negative films by 15% and DOUBLE the price of Tri-X in Super8. It really seems like they're killing off the slow(er) moving products and only keep those which sell quickly so they don't sit on a load of inventory which only sells off slowly... Draw your own conclusions - I'm just saying that IF Kodak were in a financiall ybetter situation we wouldn't have seen all of the products go we had to part with in the last months...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From time to time it has been mentioned that Kodak has as its burden an old power plant to drive the industrial area. Well, it seems that Kodak has been able to transform that burden to money and at the same time keep the wheels turning: http://www.rbj.net/article.asp?aID=193484

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kuparikettu View Post
    From time to time it has been mentioned that Kodak has as its burden an old power plant to drive the industrial area. Well, it seems that Kodak has been able to transform that burden to money and at the same time keep the wheels turning: http://www.rbj.net/article.asp?aID=193484
    It's good that they unloaded that dinosaur, but 10 million is nothing to Kodak's financial problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kuparikettu View Post
    Any time a coal-fired electrical generating plant, anywhere, gets converted to natural gas, it's great news for all creatures in the area that breathe. How the transaction impacts Kodak's fate is small potatoes compared to that.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Haven't you heard about "clean coal technology", Sal? - thought you'd need a good holiday laugh ...
    I still haven't figured out what that means either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak had huge scrubbers on their stacks. I guess this is clean coal technology. And, they had 2 plants, one at KP ant the other at KPW.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin