Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,901   Online: 1023

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3539404142434445

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Scrubbers were related to particulates and SO2 - the topic of acid rain - but now "clean" includes
    the idea of carbon sequestration underground - pretty much a pipe dream at this point except for
    some token experimentation - and realistic just until the earth gives off a big belch, which it
    ineveitably will! But at the moment, coal is still firmly the #1 energy source in this country.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drew, no smoke cam out of any of the 4 stacks unless it was an accident. So, the exhaust would have been H2O and CO2. That is pretty clean. I am told that the second plant was equipped to burn waste chemicals, thus destroying them except for the H2O and CO2. Again, an effort to be as clean as possible.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Wow! That would have been pretty advanced (and expensive to implement).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Again, an effort to be as clean as possible.

It seems to me I saw cyan smoke a time or two from the waste burner (back in the old days).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, on the semi-bright side, I talked to my local lab, and they said in the worst case scenario event that Kodak does stop producing films next year, they'd more than likely stock more Fuji (they tend to be sparse on Fuji stock, more dominated by Ilford/Kodak). I've often wondered if Kodak stopped making film, would people just give up on colour film photography and not even bother with Fuji, would this be the beginning of the end of C-41 processing labs? I know B&W is in it for the long haul, thanks to Ilford, but it is Kodak that dominates colour. I'm trying to get accustomed to Fuji 400H. A very nice film, with a unique quality, but I would sure miss Portra, which has such rich and vibrant (without Ektar's saturation) colours. The warmth of the Portra's is unlike anything I've seen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    It seems to me I saw cyan smoke a time or two from the waste burner (back in the old days).
    Fred, when instant ended, there was a big demand to destroy all PR10 and PL979 chemistry. During this rush, the burner was overloaded. Thus, cyan smoke. You missed the magenta smoke I take it?

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Seems like they missed a great opportunity! They should have had three separate stacks so they
    could simultaneously output Y,M, and C smoke. The tie-dye generation would have tripped out on that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drew, there were 4 stacks. Someone planned on C/M/Y/K. He thought we needed that. Same guy built the coating machines too big!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Drew, there were 4 stacks. Someone planned on C/M/Y/K. He thought we needed that. Same guy built the coating machines too big!

PE
    PE:

Don't you mean C/../Y/K?

Because after all, the M stack doesn't really exist
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    According to Sir Robert Hunt, it is a color!

http://arnetminer.org/person/robert-...nt-258313.html

He taught me 2 courses on color many years ago.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin