Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,189   Online: 1021

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think , he takes siestas at the afternoons like greeks does 2 hours at afternoons.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Antonio Perez is the best Kodak CEO who could have happened to us, the analog crowd. Remember he was called in to transform Kodak into a successful printer maker and to complete the transition into a digital company. He has failed on his task so miserably that he could not do away with Kodak's film business as it was one of the few cash cows of Kodak. Had Perez been competent in doing what he was tasked with, we would have lost Kodak film many years ago. Even if Kodak goes down the drain today, we still have freezers full of Portra 160 and 400 which would have never seen the light otherwise.

My salutes go to Antonio Perez!
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak's failure is due to Perez's limited experience, narrow viewpoint, and hence the awfully wrong Kodak's transition strategy created and executed by him and probably some earlier Kodak leaders.

From the very beginning, Kodak should widen its product offering, to generate as much as cash flow as possible, to support its long and difficult transition, and its 70,000 employees.

Frankly Kodak does not have a chance to be a leader in inkjet business. Epson and HP, and Lexmark and Brothers are all very experienced and formidable competitors.

As currently mere the inkjet maker of No. 5 after Epson, HP, Lexmark, and Brother (?), Kodak does not have sufficient cash flow to support its size. Time and cash (earned from its film division) are running out. Most Kodak employees are gone. Kodak is on the edge of Chapter 11. What else can Perez do for Kodak?

It is time to let him go.
    Last edited by bwfans; 01-11-2012 at 09:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Even if Kodak goes down the drain today, we still have freezers full of Portra 160 and 400 which would have never seen the light otherwise.

That's cold comfort...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Of course, I am not an insider on the sector-by-sector projections and debt load, corp bond issues etc. so what would I know. But it seems to me that in this situation you'd better simply fracture everything into separate divisions and let them hang out their own shingles and rise or fall based on their individual viability. The current approach at Kodak seems to be all or nothing. Unless there is something really promising in the form of a big IP sale or strategic partnership with a mroe profitable company... or some Federal support in the pipe... the current / "new" strategy doesn't look like a winner to me.

Concerning Mr. Perez, I think the last thing you do when things are steadily getting worse is fire the guy at the helm. They should wait until they have Chp 11 protection and then ditch him. It'd be hard to get somebody good in there when there are so many uncertainties. Let him stay and take the crap and then move on when things are as bad as they can possibly get. It's a gift to the next CEO.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    OK, so a new spectacularly capable CEO will turn back the clock for EK? Really?

Maybe. Look at what Alan Mullay did for Ford
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Heh well Mullaly had a lot of political support. EK is in a State with a lousy Governor and crap Senators and Reps who've never created a job in their lives. To save a big company in this kind of situation, you need Fed assistance, and that doesn't happen unless the State reps are pressing their case.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Kodak has a poison pill on the secured debt guarding against both hostile and friendly takeovers. If that was gone about 2 years ago a takeover may have been possible. Now the only way to remove that barrier is Ch. 11. Perez guarding his own turf against outside interest and comment is a major reason why institutional shareholders abandoned the company, and another reason for termination.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    P.S. I should refine my comments somewhat. I didn't mean to imply that Mullaly isn't doing a great job on his own merits, or that he got as much political support and Fed cash as GM. Ford certainly was wise to avoid taking Fed funds and to bring back their dividend. But... just saying, the US auto industry is the holy of holies in DC right now, there's no way it'll be allowed to go away any time soon.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keith Perez seems to have political connections straight into the White house but he only seems to use them to promote himself. To cite the Queen of hearts from Wonderland
    "Off with his head"

Dominik
    Last edited by MDR; 01-11-2012 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin