Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,431   Online: 1082

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Keith Perez seems to have political connections straight into the White house
    The WH has zippo to do with getting Bills introduced. Those guys are in way over their heads and don't know how to deal with a divided Congress. Yeah Perez can get on the jobs council... with Laura D'Freaking Tyson and Immelt, so what.

What is needed is a loud bunch of NY representatives inserting earmarks or whatever we call them now and *demanding* that some contracts flow to EK. If Kodak were in Virginia, you can bet your left kidney that they'd be getting plenty of Federal assistance. But Schumer and Gillibrand and Cuomo et al can live with EK shutting down under their watch. What do they care. They're all lawyers. Not a lick of business sense in any of them.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    The WH has zippo to do with getting Bills introduced. Those guys are in way over their heads and don't know how to deal with a divided Congress. Yeah Perez can get on the jobs council... with Laura D'Freaking Tyson and Immelt, so what.

What is needed is a loud bunch of NY representatives inserting earmarks or whatever we call them now and *demanding* that some contracts flow to EK. If Kodak were in Virginia, you can bet your left kidney that they'd be getting plenty of Federal assistance. But Schumer and Gillibrand and Cuomo et al can live with EK shutting down under their watch. What do they care. They're all lawyers. Not a lick of business sense in any of them.
    If Kodak was in New York City instead of Rochester, they might actually care about helping it. But it doesn't seem likely to happen as it is.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keith my comment was meant more tongue in cheek than serious. You are right though Kodak needs some serious lobbying in DC and the NY State Gov. but it seems that most politicians were already bribed by the digital Folks both in the US and EU. Politician don't care about jobs they care about bribes. Most state employees I know from across the bond and in the EU are hard working individuals that get constantly fucked by their boss who got their position trough a friend it seems to be the same thing in the business world. Perez is the best proof for that. If a politician talks about job programms and helping people it's always a bad sign.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I understand Dominik! All too well.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Even if Kodak goes down the drain today, we still have freezers full of Portra 160 and 400 which would have never seen the light otherwise.

That's cold comfort...
    So to speak.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why all this talk of EK needing to turn to the government for help? That is so, so European :-(...better for EK to stand or fall on their own two legs....the last thing this country needs is for government to bail out a private sector company, especially one whose days are numbered. Let the market do with EK what it will....EK needs to be gone....and that vacuum taken up by other companies that know how to make and implement sensors, printers, inkjet cartridges....EK needs to lead or get out of the way...Forget this talk of Perez needing to go...EK needs to go...bye, bye you shame to America!
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Silverglow is a discussion of the benefits of the US vs EU system really necessary each has its good and bad sides. Besides the US economy would be in dire straights if the evil government wouldn't help it all the time in this regard they are the same as in Europe. GMC ring a bell, Boeing Tanker that only exists on paper but still won the bid against Airbus. It seems that a lot of americans actually don't know anything about their so called free market it doesn't really exist as soon as the free market runs into trouble it runs crying to daddy government to save it.

Dominik

Shooter
    Large Format
    let them restructure,
    and see what happens

maybe if they can't pull out of their funk
    their film operations ( consumer + professional )
    will be picked up by someone else, and run until
    the analog market is in full collapse ..
    right now it is in 1/2 collapse,
    and it had nothing to do with perex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Kodak Said in Talks With Citigroup on Bankruptcy Financing" - From "Business Week" 17 hours ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    Perez, Gonzalez... Not sure.

Anyhow, just look at Fuji: this is what kodak was supposed to do.
    The X100, the film cameras, the X1-pro... I'm not sure a Hewlett Packard guy could have done that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin