Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 819

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3539404142434445
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak stock? OMG, I have real KODAK STOCK. The DOW JONES thingie. You guys have no perception of the concept KODAK STOCK.

Kodak should be supported. They make the best color neg and B&W films (B&W outside of Ilford I must add) and Fuji makes the best color reversal IMHO. So, use it according to your taste.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Ron,

I sold off my remaining ESOP Kodak stock last fall at something like $3.80/share. If you still have Kodak stock, you might just as well put it in the freezer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heheheh, thanks Fred.

I have shares bought at $120 that I am considering burning on the 4th of July!

Oh well, what can you do? We have both been royally screwed by EK and Perez. Listen to the interviews on Inside Analog Photography.

Wishing you the best old friend.

Ron

Shooter
    35mm
    Ron,

... but we did have some GREAT times at Kodak, didn't we.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Hey Moorpark! That's my old neck of the woods, you know photo guru John Gray from the college? Great teacher..

100 more rolls of Tri-X in 120 arrived today bringing my total for stocking up on Kodak 120 / 220 films to over 500 rolls since December, I do my part...
    I had John Gray a couple years ago. Amazing guy, unfortunately he retired due to his health (last I heard). I am from Thousand Oaks, btw.

Support Kodak! They've supported me an incredible amount, I will buy their films until either of us die.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I have shares bought at $120 that I am considering burning on the 4th of July!

My condolences...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    What it means is that I am currently using my Kodak stock, then buying anything but Kodak.
    Do onto others as you would do to them. They have been a great American company, unfortunately, managed badly of late. But why take it out on its employees and others that depend on them?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Ron,

... but we did have some GREAT times at Kodak, didn't we.
    Yes we did!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Do onto others as you would do to them. They have been a great American company, unfortunately, managed badly of late. But why take it out on its employees and others that depend on them?
    Agreed...by all means feel angry and disappointed with the management, but no point in stressing yourself out by building this up for longer or trying to get revenge.

Just buy what's still available and what still suits your photography, be it from Kodak, Ilford, Fuji or one of the small players. Nothing else will make any difference to the eventual outcome.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin