Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,756   Online: 836

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Kodak

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTD: Kodak

WTD: Kodak
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kodak.png  
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "But I'm not dead yet!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm hoping that Kodak will be around a lttle longer.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not big on comic strips but that one always has the duck carrying a camera doing something photographic or other to highlight the situation at hand.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    I understand that there is a section of a BBC early evening programme tonight devoted to Kodak film. For this to have attracted BBC attention and for it to be worthy of say 10 mins I strongly suspect it will be in the form of an obituary to Kodak film " An end of an era" type of stuff

I might of course be wrong and I hope so but I doubt it. Unless things are explained by the presenters who need to be properly briefed then it will be easy for U.K Kodak film users to conclude that the film will disappear very quickly and they might as well switch to another make or to a different medium. Not helpful

I'll let you know

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    I understand that there is a section of a BBC early evening programme tonight devoted to Kodak film. For this to have attracted BBC attention and for it to be worthy of say 10 mins I strongly suspect it will be in the form of an obituary to Kodak film " An end of an era" type of stuff

I might of course be wrong and I hope so but I doubt it. Unless things are explained by the presenters who need to be properly briefed then it will be easy for U.K Kodak film users to conclude that the film will disappear very quickly and they might as well switch to another make or to a different medium. Not helpful

I'll let you know

pentaxuser
    When the last roll of Kodachrome was produced a national evening news program basically stated "this is the last color film to roll out of anywhere" (paraphrasing). I was furious.
    "Fun? Ah yes, the employment of time in a profitless and non-practical way."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    blah blah blah, another thread devolves into "they will survive", "the world ended when KK was discontinued" etc etc. Go buy some Fuji or Arista or whatever and get out and shoot.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    blah blah blah, another thread devolves into "they will survive", "the world ended when KK was discontinued" etc etc. Go buy some Fuji or Arista or whatever and get out and shoot.
    Never heard of those. The news clearly stated that Kodak was the last film producer and it just quit making film. There's nothing left to shoot.
    "Fun? Ah yes, the employment of time in a profitless and non-practical way."

Shooter
    35mm
    Well the BBC item was quite positive if a little lightweight. Certainly no damage done or intended to be done to Kodak film.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've already seen a couple of primtime news segment on Kodak which turned this into an outright
    obituary for any kind of film photography and the final triumph of digital. But almost anything on
    primetime new has to be taken with a grain of salt, and the cable "news" channels are even worse.
    Ironically, to get decent US new one has to go to BBC or something like that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin