Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,842   Online: 890

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by newcan1 View Post
    ...By the way, when it comes to "hoarding," how does one know when one has enough?

I think I am still light on medium format and on paper.
    You have a nice start. I am glad to see that you are doing your part on keeping film from the hoarders. I have a freezer on the West Coast for film as well as one on the East Coast. Please continue to work with me to prevent the hoarders from stockpiling film.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoMiglioli View Post
    I think hoarding film is natural as we all want to keep shooting as long as we can. But we are missing the point: PROPAGANDA. Kodak needs change its marketing strategy. When digital cameras first came into market Kodak simply gave up the fight, assuming film was doomed. If they have marketed the benefits of using films they would be much better now.

C´mon!! There are companies selling CIGARETTE!! It smells bad and gives cancer and even so with good propaganda they sell cigarettes.

It is not too late for a change.
    This made me laugh, because it's a good point, but at the same time, I wonder what the state of cigarettes as we know them would be if a truly non-toxic kind was available. If it had nicotine-like effects (to the point where only aficionados could tell, as is the case for the most part with film vs. digital these days) and none of the health drawbacks, would anyone still buy traditional cigarettes? I'm sure some would, but assuming a reasonable price for the non-toxic kind, I'm not sure how well sales would hold up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My daughters, bless their souls, bought me a second freezer for Christmas! I think I already have enough to fill it. I'll probably need a third for paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whats the alternative to stocking up when a film gehts discontinued? So far, I've been only buying stocks of film when its running out. I managed to reserve one large tray in the freezer for E100G and Astia. But I already found a frozen supper in it as well.

The need of girls to freeze supper seems to exceed the appreciation of proper film storage.

Christian

Shooter
    127 Format
    If we could trust Kodak we wouldn't have to 'hoard'. Sadly we cannot.

I am glad I hoarded 20 rolls of Elitechrome and 20 of Ektachrome and 60 of Plus-x 35mm and another 25 of Plus-X 120. My purchase did nothing to influence EK but at least I got some before it died.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why hoard Plus-X when FP4 is a better film? I think so, at least. Ektachrome is more understandable, because of course it's a more unique film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterlight View Post
    Why hoard Plus-X when FP4 is a better film? I think so, at least. Ektachrome is more understandable, because of course it's a more unique film.
    I am glad you qualified your statement with "I think so" as my first choice would be Plus-X. However, did not stock up so, like many films that are gone, you use the next best thing. Ilford FP4 is a great film and a good choice.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used a roll of Plus-X (just the one) and it seemed pretty pedestrian to me. Then again, I used just one roll of FP4 and then not again for over a year, after which I gave it another try and used it a lot.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I adore Plus-X
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Hoard" is such a harsh word. I merely "stockpile" for use after a particular brand and type are no longer available.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin