Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,833   Online: 779

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sort of ironic since you live in Rochester...home of Kodak..
    I'm in a suburb of DC and I've seen film in places like CVS but I usually order from B+H...more choice and cheaper...perhaps that's what really killing local film sales...it's not a day to day item for most people as it was years ago so the people who use it often do mail order (or go to specialty camera stores...but most of them have limited film choices.)

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If the buyer is somehow convinced that he cannot buy film then it is not the buyer's fault. I now have no place near me to buy any sort of film. I can get disposable cameras and I can mail order film.

PE

Shooter
    127 Format
    Funny how a store can stock paper clips or clothes pins or some other slow-moving item and not think about it but they feel photo film has to (((FLY))) off the shelves of they can't be bothered.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hoarding Kodak = Killing Kodak?

Expiration dates.

Plus x was a great film, shot it and arista rebadged stock of it until the end.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

I have 7 rolls of Plus-X, I had 9, shot 2 during a shoot I also shot Pan F+ with. Granted I developed both in Ilfsol 3 and not DD-X but I found Pan F+ to have less grain and still be sharper, in comparison I found Plus-X to be... Fuzzy... In comparison that is, it was still fine but not sharp and crisp like Pan F+

I'll try my next batch in DD-X

And if I can ever get my hands on some Rodinal... The suppliers have been out for MONTHS! I see it often referenced but haven't been able to buy any since I started home developing (about 9 months ago?).

So I'm a Newb at that, I admit, but the comparisons were if the same shoot developed at the same time, so there aren't many variables...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    I tried Ilfosol-3. It sucked. I like D-76, HC-110 or Clayton F-76+ better. But Ilfosol-3 was not my cup of coffee.

I hope we don't have to hoard Kodak developers.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I tried Ilfosol-3. It sucked. I like D-76, HC-110 or Clayton F-76+ better. But Ilfosol-3 was not my cup of coffee.

I hope we don't have to hoard Kodak developers.
    I read in another post that the company that makes the developer was not actually Kodak any longer and shouldn't worry as much about that, so long as the chemical company decides to make it anyway...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin