Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,222   Online: 962

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A chance conversation.

On a commercial flight the other day, I pulled out my old 6x6 folder and started loading it. This got the guy next to me interested and we struck up a conversation. One of those that starts with "Wow, can you still get film for that?" It turns out he's an exec of some kind at from HP and knows Perez fairly well.

"We all thought he was crazy, taking that job. It was obvious he was stepping into the lion's den."

"He's a pretty nice guy, real smart, just the wrong one for Kodak. Going into the printing business was not a good idea at all."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What an interesting coincidence..

The world really is a small place, as cliche as that is to say. But a few occurrences like this can convince you of that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ha! That's great. What an interesting thing to happen!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, Perez didn't go to Kodak directly from HP; there is roughly a two year period he did other things.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin