Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,599   Online: 971

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101454 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    Does anyone remember Polaroid's instant slide film? Does anyone remember Polaroid? I have one of the processor's in hardly used condition ... any offers?[/U]
    If you are talking about the 35mm processor, Polaroid was loaning them at first, then selling them, and practically giving them away later. I still have some film in unused condition... any offers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    * No mention if the pun was intended...
    I wonder if the lining will ever be silvery enough for Kodak to bring back B&W paper?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote from Forbes

"The one silver lining is that Kodak will continue producing color and black-and-white film, news that should make traditional photographers happy."

I am very happy
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    good riddance, The only people I know that own them can't figure out how to use them.
    My experience too. I tried to set one up for a relative, and it was seriously not "easyshare"! As much as I like their film, if I were in the market for a digitoy, they'd be at the bottom of the list.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    If you are talking about the 35mm processor, Polaroid was loaning them at first, then selling them, and practically giving them away later. I still have some film in unused condition... any offers?
    I would certainly want to have the polaroid 35mm and processor but I am wondering they are still usable and really don't know what to offer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Long live film!

Jeff

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristophanes View Post
    Mmmmm....

DSLR sales are at an all-time high despite mirrorless intrusions.

Nikon just released God's DSLR the D800 with an OVF.

I think the OVF is here to stay.

Prisms are static and powerful, more than any sensor at relaying 100% Dr with no latency. Mirrors are a decades-old sunk cost, so have no R&D run-up.
    Sure, if you're willing to spend 3 large+ for the D800 or 6 large for the D4. The finder on the D7000 is just barely passable. Most dslrs use cheap, dim penta-mirrors, not heavier, pricier glass prism finders.The Sony EVF on the NEX 7 and tack-on OLED finder for the NEX5n are great for anyone not shooting fast action. Mirrorless cameras are also tiny compared to the bulk of a dslr.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    About film, the concern is for how much longer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was quite a disagreement a few days ago with one person arguing strongly that film was NOT profitable, and here we have the proof that he was wrong wrong wrong. Kodak will apparently stay in the film business fir a kibg tune,

In fact, I think that the film division represents a major portion of the Kodak land ownership and personnel. However, to answer another question, I doubt if they would ever bring back B&W paper, as the entire plant has been demolished. It is like being in a time machine running backwards and looking at Kodak Park implode.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    About film, the concern is for how much longer.
    It brings money in the front door. They need that so probably quite a while. The Christmas bonus for the CEO has to come from somewhere, right?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin