Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,913   Online: 924
      
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 414546474849505152535455565761 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 624
  1. #501

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mission Viejo, California
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Yes. Seems to me that a certain mid 20th century politician was able to use this effect quite judiciously.
    Until he skied himself right into a tree. Are we talking about the same politician?
    - Bill Lynch

  2. #502
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,962
    Images
    74
    Aristophanes - Really? Still waiting for you to comment on ADOX's business model which is entirely niche driven....

    JetBlue and Soutwest are niches...
    Last edited by zsas; 02-20-2012 at 02:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add name
    Andy

  3. #503
    keithwms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,079
    Blog Entries
    20
    Images
    129
    Cigarettes are niche...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

    [APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

  4. #504
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,962
    Images
    74
    But apparently if RJR goes under they will all disappear
    Andy

  5. #505

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The highest state
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,916
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    So it follows, then, that shooting film always magically trumps talent, creativity and imagination regardless of the capture medium?
    No, not at all, but if you are talented and are proficient in either medium, why in the hell would you jump of the digital cliff like the rest of the desperate souls when you could do yet one more thing to set you apart from the junk show?

    This move is not going to pay off for everyone, because the impact of the final image in front of the client is by far, first. Want to wow them even more, shoot it on film and print it in a real darkroom....and leave your competition choking on your dust, period.

    I am not up to full speed yet in terms of print production and it is already paying off big time, for me at least...

  6. #506
    keithwms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,079
    Blog Entries
    20
    Images
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    But apparently if RJR goes under they will all disappear
    Which is why they can charge whatever the hell they want Meanwhile the States mumble about raising sin taxes and the tobacco folks pretend to be annoyed.

    Eureka, I've got it! This is how we will save film! We will have the federal government add mandatory labels describing mental health issues...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

    [APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

  7. #507
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,962
    Images
    74
    Btw my question was for Aristo...
    Andy

  8. #508
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,962
    Images
    74
    Just fixed my orig....
    Andy

  9. #509
    CGW
    CGW is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    No, not at all, but if you are talented and are proficient in either medium, why in the hell would you jump of the digital cliff like the rest of the desperate souls when you could do yet one more thing to set you apart from the junk show?

    This move is not going to pay off for everyone, because the impact of the final image in front of the client is by far, first. Want to wow them even more, shoot it on film and print it in a real darkroom....and leave your competition choking on your dust, period.

    I am not up to full speed yet in terms of print production and it is already paying off big time, for me at least...
    It's possible if you're well-supported by pro labs and expert printers a la 1995. How many pros back then did their own processing and printing? Fine if you can reach and maintain the degree consistency in a darkroom necessary to make it fly. Is all this less a headache that time spent playing with digital workflow?

  10. #510
    Rudeofus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,653
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    It's possible if you're well-supported by pro labs and expert printers a la 1995. How many pros back then did their own processing and printing? Fine if you can reach and maintain the degree consistency in a darkroom necessary to make it fly. Is all this less a headache that time spent playing with digital workflow?
    CGW, have you finally arrived at the point where you are going to tell us we should all go digital because it's easier/faster/whatever?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin