Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,249   Online: 1083

Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 848525354555657585960616263 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How hard can it be? Film is easy to make (not - ha ha ha) Can't hurt to ask.

Maybe in a dusty filing cabinet are all Ilford's secrets where they already know how to make color neg. Or maybe they have some other photo engineer from Agfa locked up in a barn.

XP2 IS really nice and Portra 400 is just fantastic. I'm looking for a good excuse to use some new Portra 160.

+1 for all 3 of them continuing!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think Clayne hit it right on the button.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology LImited :

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm right there. Let Ilford do what they do best. If the last two black and white papers left on the planet were
    Multigrade Warmtone and Kentmere Fineprint, I wouldn't have a single complaint.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How hard can it be? Film is easy to make (not - ha ha ha) Can't hurt to ask.
    Yeah, I'm perfectly happy, too, with Ilford doing exactly what they do best. Let me explain my "Film is easy to make" comment. It was tounge-in-cheek because I've been trying to coat a simple emulsion and am learning to appreciate just what goes into these high-quality products.

Love the Ilford papers and love the film. Hope all these manufacturers can continue for a long time to come.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have to say I am full of admiration ( and not a little wonderment ) for you apuggers who make and coat your own emulsions, I guess in a lot of cases with PE's help.

Like all things you choose to try and do yourself, the achievement of success ( or even partial success ) must give you all a great buzz.

I am reminded that Alfred Hugh Harman's great coating breakthrough was using a teapot to coat his glass plates, where the emulsion poured through the spout and scum remained in the pot.....it is at the end of the day how ILFORD started in 1879.

" It does not have to be the most sophisticated way, it does not have to be the cleverest way, it does not have to be the most expensive way....it just has to work!"

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon;

Mark Osterman uses a teapot to this day to coat plates. I still cannot do it his way though. I end up with emulsion dripping off my elbow.

Best wishes to everyone at Ilford. Great job you guys are doing!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm waiting for Ilford to reintroduce a modern Dufaycolor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Best wishes to everyone at Ilford. Great job you guys are doing!
    Hear, hear!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Simon;

Mark Osterman uses a teapot to this day to coat plates. I still cannot do it his way though. I end up with emulsion dripping off my elbow.PE
    That's only because a teapot isn't part of the U.S. culture.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And there's just something wrong about trying to use a coffee pot.... !

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin