Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,968   Online: 742

Page 1 of 63 12345671151 ... LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kodak Axes Digicams, but keeps film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting development.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    good riddance, The only people I know that own them can't figure out how to use them. I hope this doesn't affect their CEO's Christmas bonus. Time to make film and paper!
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe the "snapshot" digicam market is saturated? And perhaps a majority of "family-picture" users have no reason or interest to be updating to the latest model every year? While others will be happy to use their smartphones, particularly as the camera functions are improving?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They were making digicams? I wasn't aware...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hope this doesn't affect their CEO's Christmas bonus.
    Probably done BECAUSE it affected the CEO's Christmas bonus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak announced ~200 immediate layoffs in the commercial ink jet printer division on Wednesday.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ouch! I always hate to hear about layoffs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I talked to Audrey Jonckheer via email a few days ago, she said in terms of film being produced, it is the way it has always been, is business as usual at Kodak and that they look at the numbers closely every month. The products have to be used in sufficient quantities for it to be produced, reasonable for sure.

So I think more promotion on our part is in order, the advertising budgets for many companies, not just Kodak, have been tightened over the years post Sept. 2008 and some have not fully come back as ad and marketing departments took to social media to get the word out at a much lower cost. Kodak has good presence on Facebook and I am now going to post regularly there to give a visual plug to what is being done with Kodak films. It really is up to us to keep film around and that includes helping ALL film makers advertise and market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm with railwayman... everybody is using cell phone cameras these days, nearly everbody. It's been the quiet revolution in snapshots over the last couple years.

It's kinda crazy, but if you think about it, it's really the perfect camera for anyone that doesnt ultimately want anything more than just a decent image of an event. You're carrying your phone with you anyways, and the quality is quickly becoming acceptable.

And beyond that, since they're convinced that mega-pixels are the only measure of photo quality, they think they're right in there with the best digital cameras!

Page 1 of 63 12345671151 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin