Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,549   Online: 906

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak would be better off dumping digital completely.

Oh, they just did that!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Kodak would be better off dumping digital completely.

Oh, they just did that!

actually they didn't, and it is the only thing that is going to keep them alive in a
    shrinking analog market.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    actually they didn't, and it is the only thing that is going to keep them alive in a
    shrinking analog market.
    Kodak has eliminated digital capture through their sensor division (could not compete) and digicams (no smartphones).

They divide their business into input and output. Or capture and print. They have 80% of their revenues now from the print side, and a shrinking 20% from their capture side.
    Last edited by Aristophanes; 02-17-2012 at 09:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Oh good grief. Somebody please pile this thread on top of all the other almost identical ones. Sorry, but certain people have proven quite clearly that they enjoy saying the same thing over and over, for 30+ pages....
    LOL!
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Aye...moderators, please euthanize either this thread, the other one(s), or me....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about a new forum, call it WUK (whats up Kodak) or WWK (whats with Kodak)
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    How about a new forum, call it WUK (whats up Kodak) or WWK (whats with Kodak)
    How about calling it "troll food?"

The answer to the original question is "no."

The answer to troll food is "ignore thread."

Bubye.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All you people who don't want to read this (and similar threads) why do you come and read the thread and then complain about it? Just stay away and leave the discussion to those who are interested.

You remind me of a story a friend of mind once told me. It was supposedly a true story. He once had a college roommate who used to parade around the apartment in his underwear. The problem was, the window was always open. One day the police came to talk to him about it. A woman had called the police to complain about my friend's roommate. The lady said that seeing my friend's roommate parade in front of the window in his underwear was "... the most disgusting half hour of my life."

This story reminds me of those who read this thread and then complain about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krifartida View Post
    I just bought 100 shares of kodak, just for sake of putting in my 2 cents (literally)
    The problem is that when you bought those shares you didn't help Kodak. Not a single penny of the money you paid for the shares will go to the company.

Furthermore, if you continue to hold the shares you are guaranteed to lose every penny you paid for them because if the company manages to emerge from bankruptcy as an operating company the old shares (including the ones you own) will be cancelled. New shares will be issued to the creditors, and the old shareholders will lose every penny on the shares they hold. The only way you can recover anything on your shares is if you sell them before the bankruptcy proceeding is completed.

Now, I'm not talking about losing 50% of your investment. I'm not talking about losing 90% of your investment. I'm not talking about losing 99% of your investment. I'm not talking about losing 99.999999% of your investment. I'm talking about losing 100%.

Now, if you really want to hold on to your shares for sentimental reasons then I suggest that you request a share certificate for the shares you own. You can hang it on your wall as a souvenir as a reminder of something that once was. The shares will have no other value than that. You should probably do that before the company emerges from bankruptcy because I doubt if it will be possible afterward.

Shooter
    35mm
    You want Kodak to commit suicide just so you can enjoy a very few rolls of film on the cheap?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin