Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,445   Online: 1087

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Is that true? I thought PE indicated there is more than 1 coating machine. I don't believe it is fair for one to theorize it is all or nothing at this point...
    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1304941
    In another post IIRC he said one in production and another of the same size in mothballs. From 24/7 to 8/5. Anyways, we have lost all Kodak chrome, and production for that has halted. IDK how many master rolls there may be, but the fat lady has sung for chrome. The volume has to be massive, not missing.

Somebody on another forum dug up a post of a fellow being amazed at his first color Polaroid shot. That's another one of how Kodak missed the obvious. They should have had an 8x10 chrome with a really strong magnifying glass at each print kiosk, with a sign reading, "Film has all the detail. Ready?" Let people see and be awed by the film. It would have been so cheap to do it. Ah, well.

Maybe ADOX will do that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will the Portra and Ektar have the same longevity that the latest Ektachrome was said to have?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    This thread sounds like the death of Kodachrome all over again. I'm just pleased that Kodak don't have any more bloody slide films to axe. How many of you guys wailing about the loss of that much loved domestic entertainment - the slide show LOL - actually own a slide projector and if you do when did you last use it? While it was always a joy to see large format trannies on a light box, slides lined up on one rates for me as about as exciting as watching a black & white print come up under red light. This might be heresy in the eyes of many but I'll take a dry to dry roller machine any day thanks and I've always preferred a colour print to a tiny bit of dyed film that I have to shine light through to see the image. I will miss colour neg when it finally goes but I won't be hoarding it or participating in any internet wakes in its memory. OzJohn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff.blackwell View Post
    Dave -
    I don't know who you use for E6 processing, but I've been satisfied with Colourworks in Wilmington.
    Thanks Jeff. That's a bit of a haul from here, but especially if they can work by mail, I can give them a try next time I shoot some E6 material.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OzJohn View Post
    This thread sounds like the death of Kodachrome all over again. I'm just pleased that Kodak don't have any more bloody slide films to axe. How many of you guys wailing about the loss of that much loved domestic entertainment - the slide show LOL - actually own a slide projector and if you do when did you last use it? While it was always a joy to see large format trannies on a light box, slides lined up on one rates for me as about as exciting as watching a black & white print come up under red light. This might be heresy in the eyes of many but I'll take a dry to dry roller machine any day thanks and I've always preferred a colour print to a tiny bit of dyed film that I have to shine light through to see the image. I will miss colour neg when it finally goes but I won't be hoarding it or participating in any internet wakes in its memory. OzJohn
    LOL! You clearly haven't had long professional practice printing reversals-to-chrome for exhibition. . And I've never owned a slide projector: I printed direct to Ilfochrome, a process that cost an arm and a leg repeatedly year in year out until the loss of Ilfochrome in March 2010 (from the Australian market). And that stuff sold well. I don't see anything of C-41 to get my heart racing: portraits yes, but definitely not landscapes.

Are you actually a dedicated analogue photographer to poke a barb at those who create their B&W works in their darkroom, or are you a digital man here to spoil the party? You won't miss colour negative film. Digital will be your fillip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I own a slide projector. I lasted used it last month. And seeing a print come up under the safelight IS still a thrill. I saw it the first time in the mid 70s when I was in grade school and ordered one of those "develop your own film" kits of the time that had a little plastic fixed size enlarger. It was magical then and that still hasn't changed.

Shooter
    35mm
    From the discontiuance notice released yesterday,

.....This does not affect KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color Negative Films or KODAK PROFESSIONAL Black and White Films which remain a viable part of the KODAK PROFESSIONAL Film portfolio......

I would never believe what Kodak says from now on, never!!! Only a month or so ago, they said they would continue engaging films, and made an annoucment to us users not to worry about Kodak's films future, at least for a while. And then, they axed all their slides. I'm not saying that they should keep all their slides, but they should keep at least one of them, just for a little longer. It's a total disgrace! No one would surprise even if they axed all their Color Negatives or B&W next month!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LunoLuno View Post
    ..... I'm not saying that they should keep all their slides, but they should keep at least one of them, just for a little longer. ....
    They estimated supplies at 9 months. Enough time to make a human being. Get busy, with using slide film, whatever.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LunoLuno View Post
    From the discontiuance notice released yesterday,

.....This does not affect KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color Negative Films or KODAK PROFESSIONAL Black and White Films which remain a viable part of the KODAK PROFESSIONAL Film portfolio......

I would never believe what Kodak says from now on, never!!! Only a month or so ago, they said they would continue engaging films, and made an annoucment to us users not to worry about Kodak's films future, at least for a while. And then, they axed all their slides. I'm not saying that they should keep all their slides, but they should keep at least one of them, just for a little longer. It's a total disgrace! No one would surprise even if they axed all their Color Negatives or B&W next month!

Your observations are valid and timely. Many of us have tracked back through several announcements by the Big K spin doctors and now observe they are doing the very opposite.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin