Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,242   Online: 1026

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516171819202125 ... LastLast
    MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    As sorry as I am to see Kodak stopping the production of Reversal film for Still photography, I am with the costumer is partially to blame camp. I still have some hope for Kodak reversal films. The last of the Kodak color reversal films for motion picture use is still in production (KODAK EKTACHROME 100D 5285/7285) in all formats except for 65mm and uses E6 chemicals. And I am sure that some enterprising company will buy a lot of this stock to repackage it as slide film. So not all is lost.

Dominik

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I do hope someone does this in the near future so we have another source for E6 film in case Fuji fails us.
    I don't think the blame should be put on the customers. When GM sells decrease they don't blame the customers for not buying as much cars as before, they just do their best to convince the customers to buy their cars. Isn't it what advertisment and marketing all about? Feh!

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    As sorry as I am to see Kodak stopping the production of Reversal film for Still photography, I am with the costumer is partially to blame camp. I still have some hope for Kodak reversal films. The last of the Kodak color reversal films for motion picture use is still in production (KODAK EKTACHROME 100D 5285/7285) in all formats except for 65mm and uses E6 chemicals. And I am sure that some enterprising company will buy a lot of this stock to repackage it as slide film. So not all is lost.

Dominik

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's of course not the individual costumers fault but if there is not market and Kodak can't even sell enough slide film to get rid of their master role, then they are loosing a lot of money because of the lack of costumers. The Slide film market went mostly digital (costumers to blame in this case Kodak did have a selection of several slide films). I personally pretty much only use slide film when shooting in color and I prefer the look of slide film to negative film and digital. Reversal film isn't a hybrid process like today's color print processing I get my picture with all it's faults and mistakes and that's the way I like it.

Dominik

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Was there a market for Lomography stores when they started it? Marketing and hype is everything.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lionel you're right Kodak f***ed up in the marketing department, but if I use and love a product I don't jump to the newer model in a second. Kodak Film and itsS costumers were living in a symbiosis for a long time, digital killed that symbiosis and in the movie market Fuji and digital.
    Kodak is to blame for their stupid choices and bad pr, but the costumers these days seem to be as loyal as a butterfly they fly from product to product always looking for the cheapest and fastest not always the best or even beautiful. It has to be glitzy, it has to hyped and it has to turn of the costumers brain.

Dominik

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    As for me, I still like projecting slides, and digital projection can't hold a candle to analog projection. ME Super
    Totally agree. The option to shoot and project slides is for me one of the main reasons I like analogue photography. A pal and I sometimes have an evening of my slides and his projected digital images and I've never seen anything to make me want to abandon slides in favour of digital.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LunoLuno View Post
    From the discontiuance notice released yesterday,

.....This does not affect KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color Negative Films or KODAK PROFESSIONAL Black and White Films which remain a viable part of the KODAK PROFESSIONAL Film portfolio......

I would never believe what Kodak says from now on, never!!! Only a month or so ago, they said they would continue engaging films, and made an annoucment to us users not to worry about Kodak's films future, at least for a while. And then, they axed all their slides. I'm not saying that they should keep all their slides, but they should keep at least one of them, just for a little longer. It's a total disgrace! No one would surprise even if they axed all their Color Negatives or B&W next month!
    This makes no sense. They said they were going to keep making film, not all types of film that they currently make. They only made two slide films (or three if you count the amateur Elitechrome version of E100G) by then anyway and transparency film has represented a very small slice of their film sales for a long time now.

Not to say they haven't ever been misleading or couldn't but, but I see absolutely nothing about the E6 announcement that contradicts the announcement that they would continue to make film.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    At what point did Elite Chrome 200 35mm disappear? I seem to have missed that. For me this is the most significant piece of bad news on the decline of analogue photography to date. By the time Kodachrome was chopped, the quality of the processing and turnaround time had become so bad that I'd long since stopped using it and wasn't bothered. However, I currently use Ektachrome / Elite Chrome and enjoy a very fast turnaround time and excellent results from The Darkroom and the loss is very disappointing.
    I do still get a lot of mileage out of projecting slides, both at home and publically, so can only hope that Fuji hold on to slide film for a while at least. Failing that, I guess I'll just have to make the most of anything else that's on offer and/or get my black and and white reversal processing technique up to speed.
    As of this announcement, Kodak sell nothing that I want or need.

Steve

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing is as powerful as word of mouth propaganda and in the last years we hear and see a lot of anti Kodak posts and Articles or I change to "insert company" because Kodak did this or did that posts. That's the costumers choice but Kodak still produces more products than most of it competitors and this sends the wrong signals all those Kodak is dead threads or badmouthing Kodak only increases the speed of Kodak's demise and guess what without Kodak you can turn to digital right away. We constantly bitch about the fact that Kodak isn't supporting it's costumers but I am sorry to say that it seems that the costumers don't support Kodak.

End of rant.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I photograph paintings and such for artists. Just used 3 rolls of chromes last week.
    They (artists) still enjoy slides and transparencies for their personal catalogs etc.
    (I have been using Fuji stock for a decade for this ).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin