Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,924   Posts: 1,522,105   Online: 791

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    There's still Fuji and Rollei/Agfa slide films, plus you can process B&W negative as reversal film. As long as slide mounts and projectors are available, we can easily project.

Still it is a sad day that Kodak will no longer make E-6. It's a good thing I've already gotten used to Fuji. Now if we could get MP print film easily (not the negative stuff, the stuff they use for prints) it wouldn't be a lot of trouble to shoot negative film and make slides from that.

ME Super
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Not surprised. Slides were kicked in the gonads by digital a while back and with the death of Ciba/Ilfochrome, I hardly see a reason to pay $6 a roll plus $7 processing.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I knew it was coming, but this sucks. I much prefer Ektachrome over Provia. Now I gotta make room in the freezer for one last order.

They don't mention it, but I assume this means Ektachrome 100D cine film is also going to kick the bucket.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This really only leaves Fuji as a supplier of general purpose transparency films. Fortunately, their product is top-notch. I just finished up a job, where I used 68 sheets of 4x5 Provia. Yes, there are clients that still believe in the superiority of large-format transparencies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least the E6 chemicals aren't on the chopping block, yet.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to hear this. Sad day.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone have a recommendation for an E100G replacement? I haven't really tried Fuji, but I don't like the saturation of Velvia 50.

Edit: Also, this article doesn't mention anything about Ektachrome E100D movie film. Shouldn't it still be manufactured in formats such as Super 8?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What sad news!!!! There is nothing like a color slide on a lightable! Certainly not digital! Thank God for Fuji! Do Rollei/Agfa make E6 film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Rollei says that their Digibase CR200 film is Agfa RSX in a 200 speed emulsion on a PET base. Agfa markets it as an aerial film.

The fuji materials are top-notch though. I have no idea if E100D will continue to be made. I would assume that if it isn't on the chopping block already, it will be soon.

ME Super
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin