Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,660   Online: 953

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Fujifilm is still committed to transparency film. Unlike Kodak, Fujifilm is a successful company.
    Yes. I hope that Fuji reversal will survive.
    I just bought Ektachrome vs 135, I try to find more and put them in the freezer stupid of them because they have stopped producing top quality films..
    Sad news, but while there is Velvia , I'll be at peace!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    ME your analogy is so perfect!!!

Perhaps we should just start a "Waaaaah" thread where people can go and say all the same things about Kodak over and over to their hearts' content and solicit empathy.
    Sounds like it should be it's own forum, sponsored by kodak of course.

"fuji is committed to slide film" I like that. How come no one has it (8x10) in stock right now in the u.s.?
    What about fuji color neg sheet fim? Are they committed to that? Not in the u.s.
    There fault?
    What about all the fauxtographers that aren't shooting film? Can we blame them?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Can't believe it...
    Kodak management are insane!!
    First, they ruined the company, and now they have stopped producing one of the best materials they have ever created. They killed ektachrome instead of developing film branch, producing new materials, making kodachrome and aerochrome alive, etc. They are f***g stupid bastards! Do not deserve single cent for their work...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just purchased a glorious 6x7 slide projector from a fellow apugger. Life is good. I think I'll set up a large slide show this spring. People need to be reminded of what is possible. I am very fortunate to have some very old glass slides to ogle too.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re."I would kill for Astia..."

Scott Shepherd has it for sale on the Large Format Forum- fresh Astia, 4x5, 20 sheets for $40.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    Can't believe it...
    First, they ruined the company, and now they have stopped producing one of the best materials they have ever created. They killed ektachrome instead of developing film branch, producing new materials, making kodachrome and aerochrome alive, etc. They are f***g stupid bastards! Do not deserve single cent for their work...
    Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Sure they've been stupid in the past but I can't agree with this. Lack of demand killed off Kodachrome, and it's doing the same to Kodak E6.

I'd rather they kill it and keep "...the best materials they have ever created" meaning Ektar 100, Portra 160/400 and TMY-2. (And Tri-X, keep Tri-X.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak management are no longer running the company.

Or what's left of it...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    Personally, I see no reason to use reversal films any longer. This is where I think digital shines.

Agreed, hence my "holding the bag" comment about Fuji.

However, I think reversal film can be unsurpassed when it comes to color saturation. I don't know the scientific details, but a few years ago I bought a few rolls of Kodachrome after 20 years since using it last and took some shots of Coney Island and showed them to my wife on a light table, who was absolutely amazed at the color and realism. She has been exclusively digital since 2002 and displays on a 24" screen. I took that as high praise.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Sure they've been stupid in the past but I can't agree with this. Lack of demand killed off Kodachrome, and it's doing the same to Kodak E6.
    You are right. But not only the lack of demand is a problem. Cost is a problem. Kodak is too big for the market. Market is smaller than in the past, BUT THERE IS AND STILL WILL BE THE MARKET. I am 100% sure that kodachrome and ektachrome would be profitable, if costs were fitted into smaller company.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You are right. But not only the lack of demand is a problem. Cost is a problem. Kodak is too big for the market. Market is smaller than in the past, BUT THERE IS AND STILL WILL BE THE MARKET. I am 100% sure that kodachrome and ektachrome would be profitable, if costs were fitted into smaller company.
    You owe yourself a tour through the recent Kodak threads for an idea of the economics of film production.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin