Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,007   Online: 858

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162021222324252627282930 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    I'm down to one quality E6 lab in Toronto, OK? I'm stating facts, not "views." The "facts" are bugging me out. No intention of running endless whiteboard sessions, which I'm guessing you're sick of.
    I don't doubt that your "facts" are correct, and are accepted by any sensible person. I'm entirely content to subsitutute the word "facts" for "views" in my original posting, if that makes you feel better, but it does not alter my point one iota. But we don't need to be told these facts over-and-over again to no useful purpose, and if you really don't want to start shitstorms (your wording, I don't find the need for such language in sensible discussions) or whiteboard sessions (don't know that one?) I can't understand your motives?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    His motive is either to get some sympathy or to make everybody else quit film. Take your pick...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I remain loyal to our tribe but not without some pardonable kvetching.
    Pardoned! Welcome back to team ostrich now you got that out of your system! Glad you are still rolling chromes thru your cams! Do share when you get em back.

Our mascot, per Microsoft royalty-free website:
    Last edited by zsas; 03-08-2012 at 07:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add mascot
    Andy

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Pardoned! Welcome back to team ostrich now you got that out of your system! Glad you are still rolling chromes thru your cams! Do share when you get em back.

Our mascot, per Microsoft royalty-free website:
    Sometimes, given recent events, it seems like "Team Dodo" might be more like it!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Was that shot on slide film?
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just put one roll of E100VS and one roll of Velvia 50 up on the big screen tonight. I was very surprised that I preferred the Kodak hands down. It looked sharper and IMO the colors were more vibrant across the entire color spectrum. This situation is soooo irritating!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sometimes, given recent events, it seems like "Team Dodo" might be more like it!
    Beats being on team Scott Kelby...

I would love a coffee mug that says "Team Ostrich" to go with my "Silver is Better" Al Kaplan mug...
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'd rather make a mascot out of a turtle or crocodile rather than an ostritch. For one thing, they've
    outlasted all the fancy dinosaurs that were the latest and greatest of the era. But frankly, any of
    these critters will do if I can just feed a couple of individuals to them. Maybe their damn cell phone
    cameras will make appropriate gizzard stones. Even ostriches will swallow those things. I've about
    had it with spies from the digital regurgitation trying to demoralize things. Time to check up on that
    control that deletes Benedict Arnold posts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I talked to Freestyle today (well, yesterday now) because I had an order to put in and had a couple of those "low inventory, call for status" items. After I'd checked my items, which were all available as they always seem to be, I asked about E100G because that morning it had shown sold out with more expected March 15 (or 16, I forget, mid month anyway..) so I asked if they got some more in. He checked, yes they had, 250 rolls, then the guy said "if you want some you should be safe, we normally sell about 15 rolls of that a month."

15 rolls A MONTH of E100G in 35mm, from Freestyle, probably along with B&H and Adorama in the top three film sellers in North America for the Internet market.

No wonder they've had to discontinue it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find it frightening to have to rely on Fujifilm for slides, as I do not see the company being committed to film.

Who else produces slide film?
    Those who know, shoot film

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin