Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,897   Posts: 1,521,012   Online: 810

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18222324252627282930 LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Or Tokina??
    Yuk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Yuk.

Tch, tch. They make the Hoya filters, and I wouldn't say yuk to them...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Tch, tch. They make the Hoya filters, and I wouldn't say yuk to them...
    I think they've actually made some pretty good lenses too

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I thought about this for a couple of weeks... my first reaction was to get angry...
    Then i realised... it doesn't really matter what film you use at the end of the day. What matters is capturing that moment in time, the beauty of the natural world...

I lost interest in photography when Kodachrome was discontinued but now have a renewed optimism about photography in general. I'll use whatever film i have in the cupboard/fridge/bag. I'm over caring about the product/gear/film... the only thing that really matters is the end result. We have Fujifilm and countless other products (dare i say too many) to choose from. Go out and use them TODAY while the opportunity is there. Tomorrow isn't promised to you.

Here's an image i took in 2010. I hope i can inspire or encourage one of you to just go out and shoot with whatever you have on hand. Don't get caught up with all this negativity. (Ama Dablam after sunset, November 2010 - Nepal)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5953420960_bd3bc894e2_z.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	48216

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkirkby View Post
    I thought about this for a couple of weeks... my first reaction was to get angry...
    Then i realised... it doesn't really matter what film you use at the end of the day. What matters is capturing that moment in time, the beauty of the natural world...

I lost interest in photography when Kodachrome was discontinued but now have a renewed optimism about photography in general. I'll use whatever film i have in the cupboard/fridge/bag. I'm over caring about the product/gear/film... the only thing that really matters is the end result. We have Fujifilm and countless other products (dare i say too many) to choose from. Go out and use them TODAY while the opportunity is there. Tomorrow isn't promised to you.

Here's an image i took in 2010. I hope i can inspire or encourage one of you to just go out and shoot with whatever you have on hand. Don't get caught up with all this negativity. (Ama Dablam after sunset, November 2010 - Nepal)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5953420960_bd3bc894e2_z.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	48216
    Amen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkirkby View Post

Thank you Andrew for telling it the way the situation is. And the image, presumably of Anapurna II, is beautifully atmospheric. I am not interested in what film it was shot on.
    I am not interested in Kodak's troubles. Nor should anybody else be with the choice of film. Irrespective of your likes and dislikes it's imperative to get out there and shoot film now and consistently. Slapping at the keyboard and comparing apples and oranges and pithy points will never guarantee a future of film. Let's work together for a common cause.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a dealer, I am completely unsurprised as this decision of Kodak. Sales were poor, miles and miles behind Kodak colour neg and B&W.

The most frustrating thing is that as soon as the discontinuance was announced everyone went mad for these films - we had to shut down the Kodak colour reversal part of our website to stop customers ordering films as soon as Kodak told us we would receive no more.

There is a lesson here - if people don't want to loose these products, buy them before they decide to kill them off!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like the end for Kodak period. Perhaps they might do better making washing machines.

Shooter
    127 Format
    The Strategy should be to announce, "We are selling so little of this (xxx) film that if sales don't increase (double/triple..) over the next 6 months we will have to discontinue it. This is your chance, if you love (xxx) film, to save it".

They know well in advance. so why not share that with the customers and give them a fair chance?
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin