Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,050   Online: 969

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill, that could just as well lead to a mass product abandonment.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I agree, a strategy that makes customers hoard and wonder when/if the next release will drop, would be doomed to fail, but that is just my $0.02
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    ...that could just as well lead to a mass product abandonment.
    And that end result would be different from where we are right now exactly how?

Just askin'...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    News of the end of Ektachrome won't be encouraging to lab owners still nursing E6 lines with declining volume. Afraid many will figure it's done and just close it down. Hoping to binge shoot this spring/summer/fall while quality local processing is still afloat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Callard View Post
    Looks like the end for Kodak period. Perhaps they might do better making washing machines.
    Nah. Washing machines are too tough. Maybe they should try - um let's see - hey, how about printers!
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After the end for Kodak colour reversal still films, the end for colour reversal motion picture film has now also been announced: http://motion.kodak.com/motion/About...0514/index.htm . Another sad day.

On the bright side, Vision 50D colour negative will also be made available in Super8 format. (Not really convenient for a hobbyist like me who just wants to project home movies; colour negative is just "a bit" too cumbersome in that respect.)

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So that's the end of conveniently projectable color home movie film? Or does Fuji make it? I know there are black and white films available from Kodak and Foma and maybe others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Black and white reversal is indeed still available from several suppliers.
    But as far as Super8 goes, I think we lost the colour reversal option as soon as Kodak runs out of stock.

For Single8, there's still an option, and that is some good news. Fuji Velvia, T64 and my favourite, Astia 100F, have been unavailable in Single8 for some time now (at least from my usual supplier, and as far as I could search the internet, everywhere). As of now, my supplier has them in stock again, see http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/ka...m/single-8.php .

So, not all is lost, if you happen to have a Single8 camera.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought Astia was gone in all formats?

Fuji did recently indicate they might consider bringing it back.

I did a slide show at a party over the weekend, which included some Astia slides. I commented on loving the film but it's been discontinued. Several people commented that they could see why I liked it. (Of course then I moved on to E100G and really liked it too....)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I thought Astia was gone in all formats?

Fuji did recently indicate they might consider bringing it back.
    Indeed, it was gone, and... I don't know, but I guess it still is. The Single-8 film is not sold in Fuji boxes or even in Fuji cartridges, so it could very well be old stock, spooled into the cartridges by another company.

I've also read about a possible come-back. "it is not completely excluded that Astia 100F might come back one time" (see this thread). That sounds rather iffy, so it's safe to assume that the Single-8 is old stock Astia.

I did a slide show at a party over the weekend, which included some Astia slides. I commented on loving the film but it's been discontinued. Several people commented that they could see why I liked it. (Of course then I moved on to E100G and really liked it too....)
    Hm... which slide film are you using now? Will that be the next one to go?...

shuttr.net

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin