Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,038   Online: 801

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thom Hogan on Kodak

The most recent essay by Thom Hogan covers Kodak and the future of film. Worth a read if you have not seen it.

www.bythom.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rather gloomy and negative (no pun intended) in outlook towards the future of film. Expert though he is, it's only opinion, not hard fact. I believe that Thom Hogan went fully digital in his own photography some years ago, so he would likely have both feet planted firmly in the "film is dead" camp.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry but this article is very biased in my opinion and it seems to me that Thom Hogan is Nikon's Voice in the Net and Nikon is pretty much a digital company these days. Though he does have some points, unfortunately.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As great as the (film) products may be, bottom line is, and always has been..Kodak is a bad company.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why is kodak a bad company it does have bad managers but as a company I don't think they are bad, even though they have finacial problems they still sponsor Student Filmmakers and give discounts to indie productions, they've helped the GEH and did many a good deed. Some of them tax deductible but still I don't think that Kodak is an amoral company at least compared to other companies.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hogan is NOT Nikon's voice. That view is wrong. Hogan rips Nikon all the time. He is a Nikon fan yes, but voice? Not even close.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
    Rather gloomy and negative (no pun intended) in outlook towards the future of film. Expert though he is, it's only opinion, not hard fact. I believe that Thom Hogan went fully digital in his own photography some years ago, so he would likely have both feet planted firmly in the "film is dead" camp.
    Actually, Thom Hogan thinks that film will survive, just like vinyl records (like the audiophile niche). That is very unlike the film is dead group who think that film has no chance at all for survival.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No news here. Just a firm grasp of the obvious. Thom also needs a site makeover--badly.

Shooter
    35mm
    No mention of Harman in that article. It is as if Kodak will certainly fail and cease production of film and that will leave Fuji who will continue a while longer but the future even there is uncertain and he may be right. However in the B&W game Harman remains a major player and I am surprised that he makes no mention of it despite the U.S. ,where he is based, furnishing Harman with its major single market.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    No news here. Just a firm grasp of the obvious. Thom also needs a site makeover--badly.
    http://www.sansmirror.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin