Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,650   Online: 1160

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Question for Photo Engineer

Not sure if you can answer this, but if anyone on the board can, you can. I used to work and live in Chicago as a chemist. When driving to work in the early '90s I used to go by a very large Kodak building that was located in Oak Brook, Illinois. I used to dream of quitting my job and go work for Kodak since photography was my hobby. Gladly, I never did that as I'd be seriously out of a job now. I'm wondering if you knew what went on in that building. It was pretty large, and located in the Illinois Industrial Research Corridor. Was it a lab of some kind or totally different. Of course, that building closed down long ago and Kodak is no longer there.

thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, I have no idea what Kodak may have had in Chicago except for a distribution hub. I know they had one in Atlanta and in Pittsburgh and I used to go to the one in Pittsburgh but they closed it sometime rather long ago.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mustafa what the hell?!

RattyMouse, a quick google search turned up this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osco_Drug

"In the late 1960s, Osco was looking into purchasing or building a photofinishing plant to service its stores. At the time, the company was using outside vendors and the film developing quality and service was not consistent. In 1970 working with Kodak, Osco built a photofinishing lab from scratch in Elgin, Illinois. The facility, Crest Photo Lab opened in 1971 and serviced Osco's Chicagoland, Central and Eastern region stores. The Elgin photo lab expanded several times over the years. As both Osco and its photofinishing market share grew, three more photo plants were added: Alves Photo Service Braintree, Massachusetts in 1980, Rich Photo Lab Salt Lake City, Utah in 1984 and Drewry Photocolor Burbank, California in 1987 renamed to Crest Photo in 1988. The photo labs were sold to Kodak's Qualex photo processing division in 1996 prompted by the emergence of in-store one hour photo labs and digital photography technology.
    In 1974, Osco's headquarters were relocated from Franklin Park, Illinois to a new facility at 1818 Swift Drive in Oak Brook, Illinois."
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    I know there were marketing people who worked out of Oak Brook.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin