Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,638   Online: 777

Shooter
    35mm

Eastman Kodak Company name should change

Perez's vision of what Kodak should be is not that of the founder, George Eastman. George wanted to make picture taking easy enough everyone could do it - 'you push the button, we do the rest'.

Perez seems determined to discard photography and make Kodak a printer equipment manufacturer. Accordingly, when the company emerges from Chapter 11, I suggest they remove George's name and become simply the Kodak Company; sadly, it's no longer George's company.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Perez's vision of what Kodak should be is not that of the founder, George Eastman. George wanted to make picture taking easy enough everyone could do it - 'you push the button, we do the rest'.

Perez seems determined to discard photography and make Kodak a printer equipment manufacturer. Accordingly, when the company emerges from Chapter 11, I suggest they remove George's name and become simply the Kodak Company; sadly, it's no longer George's company.
    Eastman was a keen voice directing Kodak towards diversification. In fact, that's a major legacy he left, by the evidence of his investments in advanced education.

He'd probably fire Perez for not doing digital right, especially with the technical lead Kodak had at one time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    seems to me that GE was big into the democratization of image making,
    which is exactly what kodak is doing ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin