Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,881   Online: 1024

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Why not?

What if someone offered you a chance to visit the Titanic in person? Or spend a weekend on the ISS? Or even walk on the moon? Or anything else that maybe you'd have given anything to do in the past, but were born too late to have ever had the chance to try or do?

And then - miraculously - you suddenly and unexpectedly got the chance?

Would you do it? Or would you let a piddly $50 - $25 = $25 stop you dead in your tracks? Freeze you up so hard that you'd stand pat while the chance of a lifetime passed you by? Just stand there quietly and do nothing but watch from the sidelines?

If the age of the Earth were represented by the length of a football field, the average human lifespan would be equal to 1/67th the width of the average human hair. If Kodak were to reintroduce Kodachrome on special order status for 8x10 sheets I'd jump on it so fast I'd probably knock you over. And the comparison shopping price of a sheet of 8x10 Provia 100 could not hold less relevance to me.

Once they close the lid and shovel in the dirt it gets awfully cold and quiet. And stays that way for an awfully long time, my friend...

Ken
    Nice.... This kind of embodies the entire idea around The Kodachrome Project...no regrets, no regrets...

I'll take 20 sheets, 2 will be total F-ups and the other 18 absolute masterpieces. I even know exactly what I would shoot, I would need a production budget of around a hundred grand...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh I might do it, I might shoot that 8x10 Kodachrome, hell it might even spur me to buy an 8x10 camera. But it would likely be one box and DONE. Then the camera would be used for black and white.

Kodak couldn't continue making it like that.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 03-22-2012 at 04:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If this turns out to be true in the near future, it would be the best news I've heard from Kodak so far! As long as the prices stay affordable and if they start promoting and adverticing the coolness of film, it could become a huge hit and very profitable for Kodak and benefit the whole analogue market.
    I've always said that now that Kodachrome is dead, it's the perfect time for a resurrection of Kodachrome in 120 and sheet film! (35mm comeback would be to follow of course).
    Last edited by Lionel1972; 03-22-2012 at 04:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To see Kodachrome come back would be very cool, but I'm probably more excited in Vision III making it into a still film like they've done with some other movie stocks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel1972 View Post
    If this turns out to be true in the near future, it would be the best news I've heard from Kodak so far! As long as the prices stay affordable and if they start promoting and adverticing the coolness of film, it could become a huge hit and very profitable for Kodak and benefit the whole analogue market.
    I've always said that now that Kodachrome is dead, it's the perfect time for a resurrection of Kodachrome in 120 and sheet film! (35mm comeback would be to follow of course).
    and why wouldn't they now that they canned digital...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis M View Post
    and why wouldn't they now that they canned digital...
    Wow that is a great point Alexis! I am hoping this person from Kodak who said this was correct about all this.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Wow that is a great point Alexis! I am hoping this person from Kodak who said this was correct about all this.
    Well, she may be as far as she knows, in the sense that "this is what we are working on in the lab." Since she works in LA, presumably her priority is the needs of the movie industry. So who knows how that will translate into actual product availability. On the other hand, time is of the essence for Kodak. EK is BK, so they have to show something that suggests long-term viability of their core businesses.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone noted the trajectory of demand for film? It doesn't appear to be up, does it?

Still waiting for the OP to post a reference for the speech/address that started all this hyperventilation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel1972 View Post
    ...and now all we need is an announcement that someone (Nikon, Pentax, Leica, Contax, etc.....) will start remanufacturing film cameras. Perhaps we will return to the days when One Hour photo shops traded on the high streets, perhaps enlargers could be produced again!!....., then film manufacture could be a viable proposition?
    Sorry, just thinking out aloud.....

John

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Anyone noted the trajectory of demand for film? It doesn't appear to be up, does it?

Still waiting for the OP to post a reference for the speech/address that started all this hyperventilation.

Hey now, I thought you were in? Ostrich and all?! If it works out it does, if it doesnt well this employee should probably learn to not theorize possible bus strategy in a open forum....reguardless it is fun to dream....reguardless if it is reality or not
    Last edited by zsas; 03-22-2012 at 06:54 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add quote
    Andy

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin