Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,393   Online: 1088

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    According to what the business experts keep telling us about the demande for film trajectory, it must have reached negative figures years ago that's why we see all those clients returning loads of film rolls to Kodak everyday, lining up in front of their local photo store asking money for their film rolls. You know film demand is always getting down and always will. ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Still waiting for the OP to post a reference for the speech/address that started all this hyperventilation.
    +1

I'd love to see Kodak stick around. However two posts in this thread really crushed whatever enthusiasm I might have had:

1) The notion that Kodak could do nice things if it freed itself from obligations to former employees

2) Someone made a comparison with "Adox".

I couldn't support Kodak products if they fkd employees over. As for Kodak learning anything from "Adox", I wouldn't go anywhere near Kodak products any longer if Kodak did anything at all the way those companies do. "Kodak" would end up being nothing more than a resurrected brand name pasted on junk in an effort to capitalize on the legacy of the brand.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So far, a Google search reveals this link to Rankia, posted today.

As for 8x10 Kodachrome for $50 per sheet, yeah, I would go for a 10-sheet box. But not like a maniac. But it would be nice to get E100G again. (I just wonder if we will see Fuji in 8x10 again.)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    +1

I'd love to see Kodak stick around. However two posts in this thread really crushed whatever enthusiasm I might have had:

1) The notion that Kodak could do nice things if it freed itself from obligations to former employees

2) Someone made a comparison with "Adox".

I couldn't support Kodak products if they fkd employees over. As for Kodak learning anything from "Adox", I wouldn't go anywhere near Kodak products any longer if Kodak did anything at all the way those companies do. "Kodak" would end up being nothing more than a resurrected brand name pasted on junk in an effort to capitalize on the legacy of the brand.
    nothing more than a resurrected brand name pasted on junk
    Michael, please, explain what is junk?

So far, Kodak looks like a bunch of drunk, overdosed teenagers whose spent their dads money and are currently in the big screwup situation, their employees and customers are paying for all mistakes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They certainly did screw up the company, but the quality of the products and the technology in their films has always been top notch. I would not want to see that compromised in the context of a low volume niche company.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    They certainly did screw up the company, but the quality of the products and the technology in their films has always been top notch. I would not want to see that compromised in the context of a low volume niche company.
    Michael, all photographic materials currently on the market are good enough.
    If Your skills are top notch, it doesnt mater if its Kodak, Adox, Ilford, Shanghai, Lucky, Svema, Tasma, ORWO, Rollei, EFKE etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Anyone noted the trajectory of demand for film? It doesn't appear to be up, does it?

Still waiting for the OP to post a reference for the speech/address that started all this hyperventilation.
    Ah, cool, so you saw that cruise missile of 200 rolls of Acros 100 in 120 from Adorama at $2.69 a roll go flying by? The trajectory is my fridge sir, sorry I did not file a flight plan...

Yeah, I am as optimistic as anyone, but this hyperventilation party makes 4:20 at CU Boulder look like a blown out candle....I think some on here have spiked the bong water with vodka, lol!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    Michael, all photographic materials currently on the market are good enough.
    If Your skills are top notch, it doesnt mater if its Kodak, Adox, Ilford, Shanghai, Lucky, Svema, Tasma, ORWO, Rollei, EFKE etc.
    I strongly disagree with that. In my experience, there is Kodak, Ilford, and Fuji. And then there's everything else.

I'll leave it at that so as not to totally divert the thread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In other news, the Concorde is coming back. "Never mind the destination, look how gorgeous those seats are!"
    Kodachrome, shmodachrome. Isn't it more important to keep what little we have left accessible and cheap(ish)? This is no time for nostalgia.

If 'on demand' is a possibility, what about custom made emulsions? That, I would be interested in.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin