Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,182   Online: 1123

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stephen, the answer is that I do not pay taxes in Texas.

Next question?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    It doesn't help to mention that yet again...!
    Sorry!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Stephen, the answer is that I do not pay taxes in Texas.

Next question?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cscurrier View Post
    I think we're all rooting for Kodak. Too many people already think film is dead.
    I'm rooting for film, period. I'm sick of hearing all the so-called "experts" at sites like the Creative Cow and Pixiq saying that film is dead and then sinking their teeth into us film users, telling us we're Luddites that don't change or constantly telling us "Adapt or die," especially when many film users also use digital.

I'd love to see their "expertise" proven wrong in the future.

My dad loves to say: "An expert is a drip under pressure."
    Typical digital zombies say: "Adapt or die!" "The world is changing, change with it!" "Analog is old and nasty! EEEEEEEWWWWWW!" "Why should I pay money for getting my pictures when I can have everything NOW?" "Why shoot manual when you can have the camera do everything automatically?"

Primary 35mm camera - Pentax K1000
    Secondary 35mm camera - Mamiya/Sekor 1000 DTL - M42 Mount
    Medium Format: Mamiya RB67

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Relax a bit, it is Internet hype man, if you talk to industry people in person you wont find nearly as much of this crap, seriously.

Buy film, shoot film, make the best images you can and show them, be a good front man for the cause of film, that is what I do and feel pretty good about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLangGenius View Post
    I'm rooting for film, period. I'm sick of hearing all the so-called "experts" at sites like the Creative Cow and Pixiq saying that film is dead and then sinking their teeth into us film users, telling us we're Luddites that don't change or constantly telling us "Adapt or die," especially when many film users also use digital.

I'd love to see their "expertise" proven wrong in the future.

My dad loves to say: "An expert is a drip under pressure."
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    TexasLangGenius, they are not "experts" by any stretch of interpretation, just loudmouths out to poison the alternative art of film photography: a vociferous minority in the Kumbaya-holding hands style of toxic activism. The vast majority of digital "experts" have no formal training in the craft of photography like so many of us who have studied it at tertiary level then worked in business. Their knowledge is hand-me-down and in a great many cases just heresy. They will be proven wrong in the future, they've already been proven wrong in stating ad nauseum how superior their method of photography is over the traditional means (something we learned and wise have known since Nelson lost an eye). Let's not get all hot and bothered while we currently have so much variety in film and instead of idle discourse, load up the cameras and get out there and shoot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin