Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,797   Online: 855

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Could be, if the April Fools Prime Directive* was violated. I see nothing mentioned on the Jobo site itself.

Ken

* Prime Directive: It only counts as a joke if it's only posted on April 1st. Anything before or after is unethical.
    I just noticed to posting on the website myself, and came here to see what buzz there might be.

It's posted April 3 so it shouldn't be a joke.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Awesome news if true, but the price it may have to sell for may be scary and prohibitive. What did the very last CPP2s sell for?

I presume this would also mean they would start making tanks and reels again?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I presume this would also mean they would start making tanks and reels again?
    Now that would be so cool. Their spindles are the only ones I can spool medium format film on without losing my temper in the process.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is what I got via an email request for info:

Charles,

Thank you for registering your interest.

Please find attached our initial information sheet. The processor will retail for just under GBP 2000 including VAT and the opening offer will include the free lift worth another GBP 280 with your registration.
    The first deliveries are due in the late summer when we will contact you again.

Kind regards,

Rodney Bates
    Sales Director

Firstcall Photographic Limited
    www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk

Tel: ++44 (0) 1823413007
    Fax: ++44 (0) 1823413103

Open 8.30am through 5.30pm GMT
    Attached Files

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Crikey, that's around C$3150 or a bit more than 500 120 rolls at an average of my lab's charge for b&w/C-41/E6 development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One thing I'm not exactly clear on. It says inlcuding VAT. How much does one get charged for VAT ? I know a bit from when I travelled to GB years ago but can't remember what the rate was. If it IS included in the 2000 pound quote, and vat is expensive, it could mean it's not as expensive for North Americans as it might look.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    One thing I'm not exactly clear on. It says inlcuding VAT. How much does one get charged for VAT ? I know a bit from when I travelled to GB years ago but can't remember what the rate was. If it IS included in the 2000 pound quote, and vat is expensive, it could mean it's not as expensive for North Americans as it might look.
    It's 20%, so it's still around GBP1600(at best) or C$2525 or about 420 rolls of 120 film developed. Expensive enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, at that price, I won't be buying one myself, but it's very good news for film people (if true) and also may signal that parts for my current Jobo will continue to be available and, perhaps even drop in price! Here's hoping.
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    It's 20%, so it's still around GBP1600(at best) or C$2525 or about 420 rolls of 120 film developed. Expensive enough.
    What, 8 rolls a week? You don't shoot that much? Why not?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jglass View Post
    Well, at that price, I won't be buying one myself, but it's very good news for film people (if true) and also may signal that parts for my current Jobo will continue to be available and, perhaps even drop in price! Here's hoping.
    Same here. Now if they decide to do a cpe3,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin