Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,078   Online: 1133

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Jobo announces production of new processor

Someone just sent me the following link. It appears that Jobo may be getting back in the processor business due to increased demand for film. Sorry if this is old news but I didn't find any mention of it after doing a search of APUG. If this is true, it's very encouraging. On the other hand, it's not surprising. From what I understand, Kodak experienced a 20% increase in demand for film in the year or so before they announced they were filing for bankruptcy and their film division was one of their only profitable divisions.

Now, if just Kodak (or someone else) would bring back the old Kodak 5 liter E6 kits or equivalent. I have actually thought about only shooting b&w since the kit was discontinued. The problem is that I sell more color than b&w.

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...7&preview=true

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wow!!
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Two near identical threads now. Worth merging Mods?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Two near identical threads now. Worth merging Mods?

pentaxuser
    Sorry about that. As I mentioned, I looked for a similar thread before posting and didn't find one. After reading your response, I searched again and still can't find one. Could you post a link to it? I would like to read the thread.

BTW, I just went to the Omega Satter site to see if there was any more information but it no longer exists. This is probably old news too but I didn't know about it until today. Does anyone know what the story is with Omega Satter? Just curious.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Last edited by ZoneIII; 04-03-2012 at 12:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneIII View Post
    Someone just sent me the following link. It appears that Jobo may be getting back in the processor business due to increased demand for film. Sorry if this is old news but I didn't find any mention of it after doing a search of APUG. If this is true, it's very encouraging. On the other hand, it's not surprising. From what I understand, Kodak experienced a 20% increase in demand for film in the year or so before they announced they were filing for bankruptcy and their film division was one of their only profitable divisions.

Now, if just Kodak (or someone else) would bring back the old Kodak 5 liter E6 kits or equivalent. I have actually thought about only shooting b&w since the kit was discontinued. The problem is that I sell more color than b&w.

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...7&preview=true
    Fuji make 5litre E6-kit

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I believe this is an April foolish joke

6x7

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's no joke. I emailed the sales director this morning and he replied with a PDF info sheet and pricing information in GBP.

Looking at Summer 2012 announcement. Not currently taking pre-orders.

That's about all I know right now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardv View Post
    I believe this is an April foolish joke
    Could be, if the April Fools Prime Directive* was violated. I see nothing mentioned on the Jobo site itself.

Ken

* Prime Directive: It only counts as a joke if it's only posted on April 1st. Anything before or after is unethical.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin