Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,981   Online: 782

Shooter
    35mm
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it good news? I can't bear to look.

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually it's pretty good news for Kodak retirees like our own Photo Engineer. It's safe to read it.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh... that IS good news. A friend of mine is a Kodak retiree and I'm sure that makes his day too!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This bit is interesting:

Also Friday, the company said it is seeking permission to pay about 300 executives and other employees a total of $13.5 million in bonuses to persuade them to stay with the company
    So the job market is such that there are plenty of jobs for these people to move on to?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This was announced yesterday here. Basically, Kodak is allowing time for the retirees to set up a committee of retirees to act in concert with Kodak or in opposition, to determine the fate of this health care plan and to give some time for things to settle.

It is good for us.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    This bit is interesting:

So the job market is such that there are plenty of jobs for these people to move on to?

Steve.
    These must be the 300 that can turn the company around but so far and for many years nobody in charge has listened to them

I wonder how far up the company you have to go to get to the executives that deserve nothing except notice of dismissal.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This was announced yesterday here. Basically, Kodak is allowing time for the retirees to set up a committee of retirees to act in concert with Kodak or in opposition, to determine the fate of this health care plan and to give some time for things to settle.

It is good for us.

PE
    YAY!!! Good for Kodak. I'll be buying a bunch of Ektar 120 and 4x5 in less than two weeks. I held off until I knew more. Makes me very happy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin