Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,650   Online: 786

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Film still in production sticky?

Seems some while some films are dropping like flies, other new ones still pop up from time to time. With as quickly as everything is happening these days, would it be possible to make a sticky of "Films still in production" and keep it updated? Not sure where it would go as it should cover B&W, Color, and E6 films, as well as instants and specialties like IR and cine all in the same thread. I guess here is as good as any?

A format with Mfr, then film, then speed, then size might be good. For example:

Kodak

• Color Negative Film
      • Ektar 100
        • 35mm x 36exp
        • 4x5"
        • 8x10"

And so on down the line. I'd be more than happy to dedicate some time into getting most of the heavy lifting out of the way, and perhaps some of you who may be familiar with more obscure films could fill in the blanks?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nobody is interested in a list of film that they can still buy?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd like to see a complete list too. An idea about prices and availability would also be helpful.

Fujifilm C100 and Superia xtra 400 are available in shops near to me but I dont know if its old stock or whether its still available. Kodak Gold 200 is found all over the place so I am guessing its still being made.

I am pretty sure most Ilford Films are around. That reminds me, is it true that XP2 was sold in Boots? Would Boots be likely to still sell it?

edit:
    http://www.boots.com/en/BootsColour-...-Film_1131991/ boots own brand film too.

And isnt Fotoview film still available: http://www.fotoview.co.uk/film1.asp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen XP-2 in Boots a few weeks ago, it's not a shop I visit very often.

There's too many sticky threads and you'd constantly need to recompile as films change,disappear, re-emerge (like Agfa) etc. Not all films are available (or easily available) in all markets Kodak's very poor in this respect while Ilford, Fuji and Foma are very good.

If you want to know what films are available just check a good supplier, Silverprint in the UK, B&H or Freestyle in the US or the biggest suppliers in your own country.

It might surprise some that Ilford colour films were available in Turkey, (15 months ago) however the are rebadged and sold through the Ilford importer in Istanbul so lists can be misleading as well.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    It's probably impossible to make an accurate list, given the many countries where APUG members reside, and the different products marketed in each area. Kodak and Fuji don't seem to provide definitive information of what is available. Ilford is probably the best, as they have indicated here that they intend to continue producation of all current films.
    (For the UK, Boots colour film is rebranded Fuji. The slide version in branches which I have checked locally all seems to be very near to its expiry date, so I wonder if this is likely to be available for much longer. It's £9.99 per roll, process paid, but currently 3-for-the-price-of-2 offer....plus another 10% reduction if you have an over-60 Club Card....or know someone who has! A very good deal. )
    Last edited by railwayman3; 04-09-2012 at 02:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=railwayman3;1327633]plus another 10% reduction if you have an over-60 Club Card....

Boots can afford to risk the 10% as we over 60s don't have long to go. I always get the man in the black outfit with the scythe to help me carry the big stuff to avoid strain

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be nice to have the information, but IMHO these sorts of forums aren't well suited for sharing it.

A dedicated website is better, because you can edit pages. Threads that have earlier information at one end and updates later are much more confusing.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The B&H website's film section is pretty complete as far as the major manufacturers go.

Freestyle's website and fotoimpex cover the East European films fairly well.

Japan Exposures includes Fuji products for the Japanese market not easily available otherwise.

Badger Graphics sometimes has special orders for sheet film that isn't widely carried, like 5x7" transparency.

Lomography has its own branded films, most of which are available through other channels under other names.

That's most of it.

Not sure where to find up to date information on Chinese film. Ferrania--they still around?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Kodak and Fuji don't seem to provide definitive information of what is available. Ilford is probably the best, as they have indicated here that they intend to continue producation of all current films.
    Sooooooo true.
    Also, this project would be hard to be accurate, taking into account the several targets in several areas according to the companies' goals. IMHO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I asked the same question a few years ago and got shot down - the problem is no one would want to maintain it, pure and simple.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin