Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,050   Online: 946

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take a look at one the first color movies by Kodak.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=J_RTnd3Smy8

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lowering the intensity of the arc saves money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah. Watering down the booze.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah, yes. Don't know which is worse.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Another article from Germany here.

http://www.dw.de/dw/article/0,,15918239,00.html

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I talked to a theater owner last week who just returned from CinemaCon in Las Vegas. He said that Paramount told the theater owners that they would like to stop producing release prints this year. The theater owners were none too happy about it - they don't want to be forced into buying new projection equipment that might be obsolete in a few years. He said they are going to discuss it further and vote on a collective response to the studio.
    We'll see what happens. Maybe they can resist the push from the studios.

Shooter
    35mm
    When I was a student, I was in the university film club for a couple of years running the projector. I would've welcomed digital projection then. I got to see maybe one-half of the movie I projected, and the rest of the time I had my back turned, splicing the next roll or cutting and packing the previous one. Also, two hours' worth of film is bloody heavy.

Nor do I miss scratches, glue specs and other wear-and-tear artifacts that signalled the end of a reel, long before the burn marks appeared. All they did was distract from the movie and take me out of the fantasy on the screen in front of me. Do those things have charm? Perhaps, but I don't want charm overlaid on the screen when Bruce Willis is blowing up things.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If there is digital projection, there is no projectionist to see the film for free. Movies are queued up centrally and all projectors controlled from a single PC.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes but the person who used to be the projectionist is probably now the person who presses the go key on the computer.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsundevil View Post
    I talked to a theater owner last week who just returned from CinemaCon in Las Vegas. He said that Paramount told the theater owners that they would like to stop producing release prints this year. The theater owners were none too happy about it - they don't want to be forced into buying new projection equipment that might be obsolete in a few years. He said they are going to discuss it further and vote on a collective response to the studio.
    We'll see what happens. Maybe they can resist the push from the studios.
    "might", I like that.

kinda like it "might" get hot this summer.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin