Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,217   Online: 929

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Humm, ok. I know the canceled TXP in 8x10. I think they canceled TMX and TMY as stock items and only do special runs when they have enough orders though, correct?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Drew, I have a pro shooter friend who has talked about doing fine art 8"x10" contact prints for over a year now. I keep telling him to get onboard / start kit building now, that way he will know what he needs after that initial entry and can actually plan for things like what film is out there and the like. Plus he is adding to the head count of who is actually using film rather than just contemplating it...

For example,
    I have recently located a 3005 Expert Drum, lid and sponge I can get for $400, so I keep telling my buddy just how much easier it will make his life if he soups his 8x10 using my Jobo in that drum rather than trays in his one bedroom apartment....especially considering he has not souped *any* film since we both last worked at the local paper over 10 years ago. But the potentially doubling of film prices in the more niche formats in the coming years is first in line in my advice to him to get his rear moving...so I really hope he does.

I think we all know the future of at least black and white looks promising, but I also think we know deep down prices can go anywhere but down, so plan accordingly.

At least people are keeping the journey that is Film, or now really, "Alternative Process" alive and well with vibrant, spontanious and brilliantly executed imagery. I *love* what this shooter is doing and what he says totally nails why I use film with exponentially more vigor than digital:

S I L V E R & L I G H T . . . .

Let there be it...
    Last edited by PKM-25; 06-13-2012 at 07:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: C r e a t i v i t y A l w a y s........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    ...I heard they were considering making Delta 100 in 8x10 when Kodak discontinued TMX in that size. Of course they haven't yet...
    8x10 Delta 100 is a stock item and has been for a looooong time:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...l_8x10_25.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    8x10 Delta 100 is a stock item and has been for a looooong time:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...l_8x10_25.html
    Humm. Ok, well then it must have been 400 they were considering, which might make more sense as a result of TXP going away though I'd think HP5+, which is readily available in 8x10, would be more natural competition for Tri-X.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Roger - if you follow the batch codes, Kodak has run quite a bit of both TMY400 and TMX100 in the
    past two years, but they now only routinely package the 4x5 sheets. Anything else is a custom cut
    based on a min order. The 400 speed film is in fairly high demand, but I'm not sure who's ordering
    those big batches of 100 TMax - it might have specific scientific or technical applications. It's a great color separation film, and that's why I use it for, not for general shooting. I'm sure glad my freezer is full, because some of this film has already tripled in price from what I paid. But Kodak and
    Fuji are the only sources for color sheet film. With black and white, plenty of viable options out there. The future of Tri-X sheet film might be dicey. I was never fond of it, but lot's of other folks
    have done wonderful things with it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin