Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,107   Online: 973

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica silver printing service

I found it amusing Leica is offering a wet printing service to users of the new M Monochrome. Ok, it's a boutique camera, but still, it's digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's an interesting combination of simulacra.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder how that is going to work? Guess it is time do spend some quality time with Google...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lambda?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I remember it right DeVere made an enlarger with a digital projector that was used instead of the ordinairy head.
    I don't suppose they sold a lot of those but the idea was interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yup, memory is still working.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/devere/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too saw this service. Actually it is a nice move by Leica but will it really help them sell a B&W only M9.

There are several Leica's at my house including an M8.2 my wife gave me and all their equipment is well designed over the decades. Leica is not always the best at marketing. But this might appeal to the retired dentist, doctor and lawyer who can afford the new M9.

Be interesting if they open it up to others besides the M9B&W I'd be glad to put my M8.2 up against the M2 with some Delta 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was a review on the digital DeVere 504 in Black and White Photography (UK) a few years back. If I remember correctly, the opinion was that on an 8x10" print there was already a very small difference in smoothness compared to a print straight from a negative. I guess the difference would be pretty clear at the usual larger sizes, not surprisingly.

However, that APO ASPH Summicron 50 mm lens is mouth-watering. Looking at the MTF charts, it's basically as good wide-open as the previous one at f/5,6, and that lens is also a cracker from f/2.

EDIT: I just saw the price of this new lens. Unbelievable. Now the Summilux ASPH seems to be excellent value.
    Last edited by Aron; 05-21-2012 at 09:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin