Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,640   Online: 963

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fujifilm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    I lost all faith in Fuji when they discontinued Neopan 400 in 120 without warning, and released no information to the public regarding it. That was in my opinion one of the most versatile films ever. It's a shame. More power to Ilford in this day in age. I will support Ilford til the end.
    I 100% agree with this statement. I thought Fuji handled that situation so poorly and I have not supported them since. These days it is Ilford who gets my dollars.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Why did you have to bring up Neopan 400 in 120.... it's early, but I will have to start drinking away the sorrow again.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Add my vote. I like to support the companies that look after and care about their customers, and I think Ilford does both. It's lucky for us that a company that is in it for the long run also happens to make great products.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    I lost all faith in Fuji when they discontinued Neopan 400 in 120 without warning, and released no information to the public regarding it. That was in my opinion one of the most versatile films ever. It's a shame. More power to Ilford in this day in age. I will support Ilford til the end.
    Fuji wakes up one morning and finds out that a key ingredient in a film has been banned. Now what? Well, they look at the sales. Not so hot. How much does it cost to reformulate that film? That much??? For how much in sales? Eh, it was good while it lasted.

I'll use Acros 100 until it runs out. It's good stuff, and I don't blame a film manufacturer because a bureaucrat wants to feel good. What would you do if Ilford had to discontinue an emulsion because an agency changes a rule? We are at the mercy of a lot of factors.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Does anyone else find it ironic that a company formally titled FujiFILM is advertising digital cameras?
    But the mere fact they've kept the name should tell you something, esp about their at least keeping up appearances with corporate continuity. Maybe you folks who only shoot black and white
    can do without them, but they're still very important in the color game. And ACROS is a homerun product in is own right. We all hate to lose a favorite item from time to time, but this is nothing new,
    and as long as I can remember companies have been retailoring their lines. Blaming any single source
    doesn't help a thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    Fuji wakes up one morning and finds out that a key ingredient in a film has been banned. Now what? Well, they look at the sales. Not so hot. How much does it cost to reformulate that film? That much??? For how much in sales? Eh, it was good while it lasted.

I'll use Acros 100 until it runs out. It's good stuff, and I don't blame a film manufacturer because a bureaucrat wants to feel good. What would you do if Ilford had to discontinue an emulsion because an agency changes a rule? We are at the mercy of a lot of factors.

Do you know what additive was banned?

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    well you all have points to make but iford gets my bucks too a fine film must stay in the mix

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Do you know what additive was banned?
    Perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    Perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS).
    Which isn't present in the 35mm version of Neopan? Isn't present in any of the Ilford 120 films? Isn't a banned substance in the U.K. where Ilford films are made?

Do you know which of these apply?

I know there was a thread on the demise of 120 Neopan 400 but it was never very clear to me exactly what the nub of the problem was

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    That site still lists Astia, which has also been discontinued.

Every time I say that here someone challenges it, then someone else posts the proof. I don't recall the proof so if someone wants to look it up, go right ahead. I was content to drink in mourning.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin