Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,657   Online: 843

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fujifilm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.roos View Post
    Except the subsequent release of a second model, the GF670W, suggests it wasn't a total failure. I don't understand the pricing of the W version but it seems to be mainly aimed at their home market.
    Yes, the pricing of the GF670W is absolutely insane. Here in China you can buy one, easily as it sits on the shelf month after month, for $3700. It doesnt even look that expensive, with the lens clearly just bolted onto the GF670 body. What is up with that price?

Shooter
    35mm
    high demand, high price.
    Low volume, high price.
    (i think thats how it goes)

not selling well imo is down to the fact that there are a lot cheaper alternatives around rather than that there is any lack of demand for the camera.

all i am sure about is that I definately want one. No way to afford one though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When they discontinued Neopan SS, that was the final straw for me. I still buy their small paper and print developer sometimes (they're cheap over here) but nothing else.

Personally I consider the company name ironic.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm just glad I have 32 rolls of Neopan 400/120 in my freezer.

Shooter
    35mm
    I remember when Fujifilm was simply Fuji (Fuji Photo or what). 135 cameras were called Fujica. MF cameras were called Fuji. Films were called Fujifilm.

It was probably the success of Velvia and the new "value" of the Fujifilm brand in the photographic milieu which suggested to rebrand the entire firm Fujifilm.

Fujifilm recently launched a new compact 35mm for the Japanese market, the Natura Classica, which is supposed to be used especially with a new film, Fujifilm Natura 1600. This leads me to believe that Fujifilm still works on film and how to enhance film sales.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sounds like if I ever travel to Japan I should buy a lot of Fuji film while I'm there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    I remember when Fujifilm was simply Fuji (Fuji Photo or what). 135 cameras were called Fujica. MF cameras were called Fuji. Films were called Fujifilm.

It was probably the success of Velvia and the new "value" of the Fujifilm brand in the photographic milieu which suggested to rebrand the entire firm Fujifilm.

Fujifilm recently launched a new compact 35mm for the Japanese market, the Natura Classica, which is supposed to be used especially with a new film, Fujifilm Natura 1600. This leads me to believe that Fujifilm still works on film and how to enhance film sales.
    Fujifilm also sells a new medium format camera. Actually two, the GF670 and GF670W. Fujifilm is still carrying the torch for film, something Kodak should have been doing years ago instead of dreaming of a world with Kodak printers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Fuji isn't exactly keeping the torch burning with color negative films....
    Where have you been?, Fuji make a very fine range of professional colour negative films NPS 160NS pro and 400H pro etc.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    It sounds like if I ever travel to Japan I should buy a lot of Fuji film while I'm there.
    Save money and buy from BH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvo86 View Post
    Save money and buy from BH.
    But if I correctly understand what some are saying, there are different film formulations sold in Japan that are not available in other countries.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin