Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,148   Posts: 1,658,147   Online: 732

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was (am) in pain too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No news today:

But expectations the printing and imaging company would have such a sale all but wrapped up Monday came to an end as Kodak said it was extending the deadline for naming a winning bid.

Company spokesman Christopher Veronda declined to comment on whether that delay was to allow for additional bidding or for some other reason. He also declined to say when Kodak did expect to announce a winning bidder.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...nclick_check=1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The results of the auction have been delayed for an indefinite period by agreement with Kodak and its creditors. Local reports say that this looks bad for Kodak and are saying "the company has been led to the precipice and it may go over the edge.

If the auction fails to bring in sufficient cash, Kodak will be unable to pay its creditors by the time limit, and at that time, the court will step in.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ouch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The results of the auction have been delayed for an indefinite period by agreement with Kodak and its creditors. Local reports say that this looks bad for Kodak and are saying "the company has been led to the precipice and it may go over the edge.

If the auction fails to bring in sufficient cash, Kodak will be unable to pay its creditors by the time limit, and at that time, the court will step in.

PE
    Easy there big fella, that is not exactly how it reads:

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2725691.shtml?cat=565

For what it is worth, the Rochester Democrat article cites that if the "Bonanza" fails to yeild the moolah to pay off those who loaned EK the stay afloat during C-11 money, all may not be lost as it still has 1.3 billion in cash and equivalents. I guess the only speculation I am interested in now is what does this all look like if they get 250 mil, 500 mil, 750 mil, 1 billion, etc in terms of the big picuture in restructuring.

I just hit the buy button on my Kodak TMY 4x5 for the foreseeable future. With 2,000 sheets of 100 and 400 I am set for a few years so at least I don't have to worry about it going up in price or dissapearing anymore...hope it sticks around though, there really is nothing else like Tmax 400 in 4x5.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 08-13-2012 at 04:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan;

I watched 2 interviews with Mr. Conboy on TV. One at the lead in at about 5:10 and then the major story at 5:35. Both responses were slightly different in tone but said what I did in my post. In fact, he sharply criticized Perez and used the words "over the precipice" in one, but not the other. The interviews in toto were about 5 - 7 minutes of good information. The printed extract was an abridged version of both.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...You have taken my observations and, instead of considering the possibility that they are valid, decided to attack the observer...
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is your staggering lack of intellectual rigor...
    More of the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post

The market environment we live in sets a thing's value at what someone is willing to pay for it. That you can't afford it is not the crux. Rather, that you "wish you could flip through it" without buying it is. You've valued it at $0. I made no assumption -- it's an observation. An uncomfortable one, perhaps, but valid.
    No matter how much I'd love to have a Lamborghini, no matter how much I admire them and value them, I doubt I'll ever be able to afford one.

I'd sure jump at the chance to drive one, though.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Take a look at this article by my friend Gary Pageau (formerly with PMA). http://theinfocircle.com/kodak-and-a...ony-of-defeat/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    One of the few articles that has positive comments, "Perhaps this new, smaller Kodak will be able to thrive, as the demand for sensitized coated materials will continue."

Refreshing!

Wish them the best! Fingers crossed....
    Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin