Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,525   Online: 842
      
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 257
  1. #11
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,962
    Images
    74
    Update, Apple/RIM, determined to have not violated a Kodak patent, not good new for K, as the impact of such is their patent portfolio is not as profitable (and thus marketable at auction) since (at present) one of the more revenue generating patents was just deemed invalid....

    http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...apple_rim.html
    Last edited by zsas; 07-22-2012 at 05:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Fix link
    Andy

  2. #12
    c6h6o3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    3,194
    Images
    6
    Ilford will be the sole manufacturer of quality film in the end. I buy Ilford film and shoot it and I'm confident that I'll be able to do that for many years. Kodak? I couldn't care less. The world has moved on. Let's us do the same.
    Jim

  3. #13
    Roger Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Suburbs of Atlanta, GA USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,212
    I really like Ilford products and the company and I will join your thinking when they start making color neg film like Portra and Ektar and slide film like Provia (and, please, E100G, E100VS and Astia!)

    Black and white us my main interest and love but at least 1/3 of my shooting is color. No help from Ilford there.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 07-23-2012 at 11:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  4. #14
    Newt_on_Swings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,026
    From what I have been reading in the paper, this will have a large impact on that portion of the portfolio. The other half has to do not with image capture/display, but on the technology of sharing the digital images from what I understand and that part is sure to be worth a bit as well.

    This thing is such a joke right now, and with the board and Perez asking for bonuses, I hope that film really splits or is bought out by a team of more competent investors that see profit in it.

  5. #15
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,716
    Images
    122
    If the patents Kodak have are so valuable, you would think they would be able to profit from the ideas themselves with the added bonus of not having to pay for them.


    Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Enroute
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    Ilford will be the sole manufacturer of quality film in the end. I buy Ilford film and shoot it and I'm confident that I'll be able to do that for many years. Kodak? I couldn't care less. The world has moved on. Let's us do the same.
    ..……………wow…….
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

  7. #17
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    23,556
    Images
    65
    The Kodak Ch11 issues must be resolved by Feb. 2013 or it goes into Ch8 (IIRC).

    Kodak owns some of the key digital patents outside of the Apple suit. The same is true of analog patents. The problem is that most buyers are scared away from buying the patents as if they do, they might face some sort of encumberment from Kodak debtors if the Ch11 fails.

    So, there is interest in the patents per se, but no one wants to be encumbered by such a large purchase.

    It is like finding some great property but with a tenuous deed. You are afraid to buy!

    PE

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,261
    Images
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The Kodak Ch11 issues must be resolved by Feb. 2013 or it goes into Ch8 (IIRC).

    Kodak owns some of the key digital patents outside of the Apple suit. The same is true of analog patents. The problem is that most buyers are scared away from buying the patents as if they do, they might face some sort of encumberment from Kodak debtors if the Ch11 fails.

    So, there is interest in the patents per se, but no one wants to be encumbered by such a large purchase.

    It is like finding some great property but with a tenuous deed. You are afraid to buy!

    PE

    Just more of a reason why there is almost no hope at all that Kodak will survive bankruptcy.

  9. #19
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    23,556
    Images
    65
    Someone with a lot of $$ would do it if they didn't mind paying any of the debt that had attached to the patents as long as it did not erase any potential profit attached to the patents.

    PE

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,261
    Images
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Someone with a lot of $$ would do it if they didn't mind paying any of the debt that had attached to the patents as long as it did not erase any potential profit attached to the patents.

    PE
    Could Kodak sell the formula for Porta to Fujifilm for big bucks?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin