Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,525   Online: 842

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Update, Apple/RIM, determined to have not violated a Kodak patent, not good new for K, as the impact of such is their patent portfolio is not as profitable (and thus marketable at auction) since (at present) one of the more revenue generating patents was just deemed invalid....

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...apple_rim.html
    Last edited by zsas; 07-22-2012 at 05:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Fix link
    Andy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ilford will be the sole manufacturer of quality film in the end. I buy Ilford film and shoot it and I'm confident that I'll be able to do that for many years. Kodak? I couldn't care less. The world has moved on. Let's us do the same.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really like Ilford products and the company and I will join your thinking when they start making color neg film like Portra and Ektar and slide film like Provia (and, please, E100G, E100VS and Astia!)

Black and white us my main interest and love but at least 1/3 of my shooting is color. No help from Ilford there.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 07-23-2012 at 11:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From what I have been reading in the paper, this will have a large impact on that portion of the portfolio. The other half has to do not with image capture/display, but on the technology of sharing the digital images from what I understand and that part is sure to be worth a bit as well.

This thing is such a joke right now, and with the board and Perez asking for bonuses, I hope that film really splits or is bought out by a team of more competent investors that see profit in it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the patents Kodak have are so valuable, you would think they would be able to profit from the ideas themselves with the added bonus of not having to pay for them.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    Ilford will be the sole manufacturer of quality film in the end. I buy Ilford film and shoot it and I'm confident that I'll be able to do that for many years. Kodak? I couldn't care less. The world has moved on. Let's us do the same.
    ..……………wow…….
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Kodak Ch11 issues must be resolved by Feb. 2013 or it goes into Ch8 (IIRC).

Kodak owns some of the key digital patents outside of the Apple suit. The same is true of analog patents. The problem is that most buyers are scared away from buying the patents as if they do, they might face some sort of encumberment from Kodak debtors if the Ch11 fails.

So, there is interest in the patents per se, but no one wants to be encumbered by such a large purchase.

It is like finding some great property but with a tenuous deed. You are afraid to buy!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The Kodak Ch11 issues must be resolved by Feb. 2013 or it goes into Ch8 (IIRC).

Kodak owns some of the key digital patents outside of the Apple suit. The same is true of analog patents. The problem is that most buyers are scared away from buying the patents as if they do, they might face some sort of encumberment from Kodak debtors if the Ch11 fails.

So, there is interest in the patents per se, but no one wants to be encumbered by such a large purchase.

It is like finding some great property but with a tenuous deed. You are afraid to buy!

PE

Just more of a reason why there is almost no hope at all that Kodak will survive bankruptcy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Someone with a lot of $$ would do it if they didn't mind paying any of the debt that had attached to the patents as long as it did not erase any potential profit attached to the patents.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Someone with a lot of $$ would do it if they didn't mind paying any of the debt that had attached to the patents as long as it did not erase any potential profit attached to the patents.

PE
    Could Kodak sell the formula for Porta to Fujifilm for big bucks?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin