Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,845   Online: 952

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    FUJIFILM needs to step up and buy this facility. They are always going on and on about their commitment to film. Time to put actions behind those words.
    No. Fuji keeps discontinuing films. We would lose more films and more papers if Fuji were to do this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    FUJIFILM needs to step up and buy this facility. They are always going on and on about their commitment to film. Time to put actions behind those words.
    Nope, that isn't going to happen. One, anti-trust. Two, they don't need it. Three, too obvious. It'll be somebody else. Fotokemika is a better bet, but not my pick.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    (As in, throw in the towel on Building 38 and divest or shutter it. Building 38 doesn't sound like it fits with Perez's future plans.)
    Where do you suppose motion picture film will be made? That business is not on the block, and Kodak has just made committments for the next three years.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Where do you suppose motion picture film will be made?
    Building 38

Motion picture film isn't being sold and don't forget about medical imaging film. Surely plenty of that is still coated to be sold through Carestream.

Nobody said that Kodak was still going to be doing the manufacturing, though. My bets are on them divesting the coating operation and setting up a contract for finished goods at a preferred price like they did with Eastman Gelatin. That operator will have the market on selling the flagship still photography films.

I'm thinking this is about no less than shedding themselves of the remnants of Kodak Park and, of course, the employees and costs that go with it.

The other shoe hasn't dropped yet.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fred, if this is a trial balloon, the Von Hindenberg came to mind right off!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Fred, if this is a trial balloon, the Von Hindenberg came to mind right off!

PE
    That's not what we want to hear PE!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Noted.....20 more 5 liter packs of Xtol in my B&H basket.
    You can readily get other brands of "Xtol in all but name" anyway.

There's almost nothing sold under the Kodak brand of chemicals any more that isn't available virtually the same elsewhere. The only exception I can think of is HC110.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak RA-R/T RA-4 chemistry is pretty unique... not completely, but I don't know of a similiar easy-to-get source of something identical... (e.g. Fuji ? who else makes RA-4 chems? Does Champion sell direct? Trebla?)

Agreed about X-tol though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, Roger, Freestyle markets a Legacy Pro brand product, L110, which is a copycat of HC-110. I haven't used it so I can't attest to its worth, but:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/10190-...Make-2-Gallons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    ...In my experience with corporate deals, very little is done by "rolling the dice."...
    Kodak's executive management has been running the company via dice rolling for quite some time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin