Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,981   Posts: 1,523,815   Online: 1151

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I hate some of this digital crap. Today my wife asked me to take a portrait of her for some form she needed to complete and so I used her digital camera. When I pressed the shutter it whirred, bleeped and flashed and about ½ second later took the picture. What sort of camera is that? When I press the shutter I expect immediate response. A camera like that destroys the whole intention of what I am trying to do.
    Well, at least you didn't have to coat the plate first... ;-)

As already mentioned, everything has its place. My oldest cam, a 100 year old Kodak brownie box camera that still gets used. My newest, a Lytro light field camera. Rather box shaped in its own right, no shutter lag, no wait for focusing. What once was old, is new again. My favorite, at the moment, a Busch Pressman C. Why? I rather like all the "drama" and fiddling that goes into making an image with it. As a result, I'm pretty sure I have the largest collection of flashbulbs on my block.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Today my wife asked me to take a portrait of her for some form she needed to complete and so I used her digital camera. When I pressed the shutter it whirred, bleeped and flashed and about ½ second later took the picture.
    I think it is very unusual that we have all this technology, but that slow capture is the current "norm".

Just as I think it is unusual that I can launch a web browser and wait for several moments for the "opportunity" to type a web page into the address bar.

These defects are pervasive, and my hope for the future generation is... they will have plenty of jobs writing improved software that does all this better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin