Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,918   Posts: 1,521,930   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What is old is new...

This was largely their structure before jan-2012 when they split film into commercial and consumer groups. After Jan-2012 motion pic went to commercial and "...the old film and photofinishing unit..." went into consumer.

Per old article on how they moved film group around in Jan-12
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE80913I20120110

Now it looks like they mostly rebuilt the Film, Photofinishing and Entertainment group again...

Well I wish them the best, it sure makes it easy to sell off the film arm now, or bear hug all us, hire PE as chief film evangelist...
    Last edited by zsas; 07-10-2012 at 08:24 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add link
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic!!!!!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The company is organizing its business lines into three operating groups:

Consumer Group, which is to be led by Kodak president Laura Quatela;
    Digital Printing and Enterprise Group, led by Kodak president Philip Faraci; and
    Graphics, Entertainment and Commercial Films Group, led by Brad Kruchten, senior vice president.

Quatela, Faraci and Kruchten are to report directly to Perez.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess that the news could have been much worse....Too bad that Scott left. Hopefully his replacement will be equally as enthusiastic
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Reorganisation is better then liquidation.

Why the suprise about digital printing and enterprise group BTW? I thought that digital printing (I am not talking consumer inkjet printers) was something that Kodak did rather well.
    Maybe. But this isn't where Kodak was supposed to be. Kodak was supposed to be a huge player on the internet with various apps, for example. Instagram comes to mind. That was supposed to be Kodak in 2012.
    Instagram, Hipstamatic, a huge presence on Facebook as a provider of all things photographic.
    Such things.
    Kodak was supposed to be present in each and every mobile phone on the planet. Instead they prefered to giveaway free printers to consumers and they favored self-serve prints in pharamacies across the country. Some ugly plastic booths. Pathetic.
    Leave the whole printing business to epson and concentrate on the real things happening on the planet. Kodak is a goner and instagram is a big player. Can you believe this??

Anyhow, that's it. the past can't be changed. But it's clear that Kodak's death was easily avoidable. The cause of this slow death is about a business philosophy. Perez had his obsolete philosophy and he flushed the whole company down the toilet. And he's still pushing the company where it doesn't belong. Have you seen Kodak's website lately? Pathetic, yes?
    Kodak could have (still can, but won't) consolidate its legendary name by becoming an internet photo sharing player. Flickr should have been purchased by Kodak when it was time. If Kodak was well run, back in the day, Yahoo, Flickr, even Google would be owned by Kodak today. Perez lacked vision and is sitll lacking vision with these pathetic divisions.

Anyhow. Who am I, after all.
    Last edited by NB23; 07-11-2012 at 01:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Reorganisation is better then liquidation.
    But reorganisation does nothing to address productivity, manufacturing, sales, etc. It usually just changes the reporting structure at the top level and everything else carries on as before.

Sometimes known as re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic!

EDIT: Darn it to heck, it has already been said!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be happy if they just kept on making their current film line up.

I was kind of bummed with their still camera chrome line up going away, but I print optically. Since ilfochrome is on it's way out, I wouldn't shoot it anyway.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

PE
    And reserved seating for the rats in the lifeboats. Recall how smarmy DiSabato was recently in interviews about film in Kodak's "future"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Have you seen Kodak's website lately?
    I have no idea who replaced Scott or even if he has been replaced or if his duties have simply been delegated among exisisting personnel, but I do know for a fact that the website is being worked on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott was constrained in what he could say. When I worked at EK, I was told what I could and could not say when talking to "outsiders". Also, Scott was probably in the process of leaving EK. IDK. I wish him well.

PE

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin