Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,868   Online: 1063

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    When I worked at EK, I was told what I could and could not say when talking to "outsiders".

.... remember, working in R&D we were even told what we could say when talking to EK marketing people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Fred, I know that too. In fact, when marketing changed Blix to Bleach Fix, a marketing guy called me to tell me that they all agreed that Blix sounded like a toothpaste name designed for small children. I just about popped a button on that one.

PE

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Scott was constrained in what he could say. When I worked at EK, I was told what I could and could not say when talking to "outsiders". Also, Scott was probably in the process of leaving EK. IDK. I wish him well.

PE
    On the contrary, he was very voluable in late 2011 interviews about Kodak and film, though never gave out anything concrete to the media about production figures. We all know what happened in January 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyd1LHD7GOA

http://filmphotographyproject.com/ca...scott-disabato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, there are things he might say in an interview and things he might say off the record. I know that is true from my own work experience at EK.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    PE ,

Do you still constrained to what to say or not about Kodak ? Or are you free as a bird , an Lynard Skynard song or Live free or die saying I must stop writing ,Simon Perezs agents are warning me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am free, but there are still things I will not say in public!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic!!!!!

PE
    Come on PE!!!! This is Kodak!! They have to survive!!!! What would a world be like without Kodak films?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Come on PE!!!! This is Kodak!! They have to survive!!!! What would a world be like without Kodak films?
    The Titanic disaster happened 100 years ago and we are still very much aware of it (as opposed to many other things that many have been around in 1912). Perhaps the same will be true of Kodak in 2112?
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I don't mean this as a slant against Kodak at all, but if Kodak disappeared, we'd have Velvia and Reala and Superia and Provia and Neopan and Acros and all the wonderful Ilford films, not to mention the niche players like Efke and Foma. The film world would be hurt (I'd sorely miss Ektar 100, for example, just like I already miss Plus-X) but the world would soldier on.

I don't fear Kodak's demise, particularly; I do fear the day when we might lose our last C41 or E6 film. I think black and white film will be available for a considerable time yet, but I'm not so sure about E6.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Normally I would say that this news represents a good short selling opportunity of their stock, but at a price of $0.28/share maybe not so much.
    Jim

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin