Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,323   Online: 890

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I reorganized my freezer recently as well. It's got a ton of kodak film in it which is no longer made. Congrats to me.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It might be the reorganization to make liquidation easier.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just read in the WSJ today or yesterday that Perez wants a $2million bonus if he gets Kodak out of reorganization. When is the board going to dump that chump?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hah, that is easy. All Perez has to do is let the film division take over!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    I just read in the WSJ today or yesterday that Perez wants a $2million bonus if he gets Kodak out of reorganization. When is the board going to dump that chump?
    Here's more info:

http://www.thespec.com/news/ontario/...eep-executives

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Hah, that is easy. All Perez has to do is let the film division take over!

PE
    PE, I would much rather that you run Kodak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    I don't mean this as a slant against Kodak at all, but if Kodak disappeared, we'd have Velvia and Reala and Superia and Provia and Neopan and Acros and all the wonderful Ilford films, not to mention the niche players like Efke and Foma. The film world would be hurt (I'd sorely miss Ektar 100, for example, just like I already miss Plus-X) but the world would soldier on.

I don't fear Kodak's demise, particularly; I do fear the day when we might lose our last C41 or E6 film. I think black and white film will be available for a considerable time yet, but I'm not so sure about E6.
    I can live without them just fine in black and white. The only Kodak product in black and white that I use that I can't replace easily with something exactly the same (D76, Rapid Fix - I already buy the Legacy Pro brand of that because I can buy 5 gallons, not the too small 1 gallon or too large 25) or slightly different but totally fine or sometimes better is Tri-X. I'd miss it, but I'd live fine with HP5+. I use T-Max RS but could use DD-X. I just bought some HC110 to play with for the first time but I'm not hooked yet and even if I am, there's Ilfotec HC.

I can live without them fine in E6...oh, that's right, I already am. I don't shoot much E6 but I preferred Astia, which is gone, which I replaced with E100G, which is gone...left with Provia, which is nice but just too contrasty much of the time. I always got along better with E100VC than with Velvia but that's me. Anyway, it's already gone so not much to worry about.

It's C41 I'd really, really miss from Kodak. Fuji makes C41 film but they are way behind the Portras and Ektar and, what's even worse for some of us, don't seem to make theirs in sheet film sizes, or don't import them here at any rate. Granted that could change if Kodak stopped making C41 film.

Black and white - no worries.
    Color positive - already gone. Lamented but not so important to me now, and Fuji is still in the game for now.
    Color neg - Kodak, please don't die.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Black and white - no worries.
    Color positive - already gone. Lamented but not so important to me now, and Fuji is still in the game for now.
    Color neg - Kodak, please don't die.
    Black and white - Ilford user - plenty of excellent products (and Kodak b/w film hasn't been very available where I live for some time anyway. Did like their papers.)
    Colour positive - Previously used Elite Chrome, but now forced back to Fuji.
    Colour neg - only use it for 'happy snappy' shots and quite content to use Fuji's.

Consequently (realistically and unemotionally) no vested interest in Kodak's fate unless there was a chance of bringing back colour positive.

However, (emotionally) it was sad to see last week that Plymouth's Kodak shop has closed.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot mainly color neg when I shoot color, aside from some 35mm slides for projection and, as I said about Fuji color neg 1) I don't personally like it nearly as well, and 2) it isn't available in sheets. Film doesn't stop at 120.

I agree about black and white. I use a few other things but the only thing I'd miss is Tri-X. Well, ok, I'd also miss TMZ now that I think about it but Delta 3200 is close enough and I might even benefit from standardizing my ultra fast film across 35mm and 120.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak going out of business would be disaster for my photography. I mainly shoot colour neg: Portra 400, Ektar 100... my interests are in printing, so colour positive just wouldn't cut it for me.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin