Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,240   Online: 1005

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak announces reorganization

Today, Mr. Perez announced the reorganization of Eastman Kodak into 3 divisions, with managers reporting directly to him.

In my opinion, this move will eventually make it easier to divide the company up into 3 parts along product lines if the reorganization fails.

This was presented on TV as follows:

The company will now have three separate operating groups -- a consumer group, a digital printing and enterprise group and a graphics, entertainment and commercial film group.

Managers names were not announced.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Shame he didn't announce his own firing.
    For the the year 2012, kodak was expected to be a world leader in research ans development, working with the Nasa and such.
    Did i hear correctly: "digital printing"?

Anyhow, let's wish them luck.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A film group sounds good to me. I would name Scott DiSabado at the head of it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel1972 View Post
    A film group sounds good to me. I would name Scott DiSabado at the head of it.
    I noticed that Scott DiSabato left Kodak recently to work for Canson. Anyone know who has taken his place in marketing for professional still films?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Reorganisation is better then liquidation.

Why the suprise about digital printing and enterprise group BTW? I thought that digital printing (I am not talking consumer inkjet printers) was something that Kodak did rather well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As long as whoever takes over the film division doens't drop anymore films from their lineup I'll be happy. Or better still they bring back film stocks. Kodachrome being first please. Then E100g. Its not too much to ask is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I noticed that Scott DiSabato left Kodak recently to work for Canson. Anyone know who has taken his place in marketing for professional still films?
    Not sure, Audrey Jonckheer could have absorbed the duty, I am working with her on a Ektar marketing campaign at the moment. I'll ask her tomorrow....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Wagg View Post
    As long as whoever takes over the film division doens't drop anymore films from their lineup I'll be happy. Or better still they bring back film stocks. Kodachrome being first please. Then E100g. Its not too much to ask is it?
    Kodachrome, not a chance, the dye set for the chemistry is history and it would probably cost *them* about $10+ a roll in re-start costs for the first couple of years alone....and that is if they could sell on average twice as much of it as they did on a yearly average the last 5 years it was around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Kodachrome, not a chance, the dye set for the chemistry is history and it would probably cost *them* about $10+ a roll in re-start costs for the first couple of years alone....and that is if they could sell on average twice as much of it as they did on a yearly average the last 5 years it was around.
    Its worth wishful thinking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott did indeed leave Kodak several weeks ago. No word yet on his replacement.

The new lineup is more amenable to spinoffs as I said in my OP.

PE

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin