Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,047   Online: 981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I mail my colour film these days. I try not to mail during hot weather - I can keep stuff in the freezer for awhile if I need to wait for better weather. If I really need the film processed quickly I can always courier it.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One suggestion. If they are pulling the lab soon, talk to them and see if you can buy up their leftover C-41 chemicals.
    Then you can process the film yourself for quite some time.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would talk to family members and try option 2. Until you don't try you cannot know if it really stinks so much that it bothers people in the house. If option 2 turns up being too smelly, fall back on option 3.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A ventilation fan in the darkroom will do wonders for the odour problems.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do my own black and white, plan to get back into color but reluctant because I don't have enough time to do the black and white I shoot. Send color out, so far to Dwayne's but open to changing (no problems with their processing but I've been getting scans back which are inconsistent - just need to get a V700 and be done with that.)

Just send it out. Never had a problem. I won't worry about the temperature either. At most it's three days. That's not going to hurt it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin