Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,765   Online: 903

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just wanted say that I've refrained from buying some Provia 400 today, with the price increase - £6 a roll. As much as I like the film, I can't afford to get hooked. If that's a shared mentality, despite how great the film clearly is, Provia is obviously next.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, batwister, if you want to know why the film manufacturers are in trouble, that would be it. "Oh, please keep making film! But I'm not buying any..." Support is only truly shown with a purchase. Is £6 really that much? What else cost you £6? How long did that purchase last? Was it on a meal? Was it on some clothing? What?

How about if you go and buy some Tri-X instead? Or some UK-made FP4 or HP5 or Delta? The survival of film is dependent on all of us, and it all depends on us consuming it. That, and nothing more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    Well, batwister, if you want to know why the film manufacturers are in trouble, that would be it. "Oh, please keep making film! But I'm not buying any..." Support is only truly shown with a purchase. Is £6 really that much? What else cost you £6? How long did that purchase last? Was it on a meal? Was it on some clothing? What?

How about if you go and buy some Tri-X instead? Or some UK-made FP4 or HP5 or Delta? The survival of film is dependent on all of us, and it all depends on us consuming it. That, and nothing more.
    Oh, I'll continue shooting film, and if I like a film I will shoot it consistently (which is my obsessive problem), but I refuse to be led down a financial blind alley is all! They won't take me down with them, screwing us for every last compassionate penny. To Ilford I will always remain committed - even though I have the occasional fling.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin