Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,308   Online: 897

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

WSJ: Ex-Kodak Employees Blast Bonus Plan

Former Kodak employees who fear for their pensions and other benefits are urging a bankruptcy judge to think of them and not rubber-stamp $8.8 million in executive bonuses.

In letters filed to Kodak’s bankruptcy docket Wednesday, Richard Pignataro and Cecil D. Quillen Jr. said it’s not fair for Kodak to reward executives while they and other former Kodak workers face the risk that the company could seek to trim or modify their benefits.
    I hope the judge adjudicates fairly. Of course, true fairness in this instance would mean that the executive's pay would be docked, as in a "claw-back," but justice has a nasty tendency to be only found in fantasy land.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These Kodak executives have been fleecing the company for years, it wouldn't be allowed in most countries.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post

I hope the judge adjudicates fairly. Of course, true fairness in this instance would mean that the executive's pay would be docked, as in a "claw-back," but justice has a nasty tendency to be only found in fantasy land.
    For the life of me I cannot understand why Kodak's executive team is not in jail, smashing big rocks into little rocks. They are pure criminals for how they have trashed that company.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as I've heard they haven't done anything criminal. It isn't illegal to make bone-headed business decisions nor to find other people bone headed enough to pay you handsomely to make them.

But they certainly shouldn't get a penny of bonuses while the company is on the rocks. Can't throw 'em in jail, can't even kick 'em in the butt, but at least don't pay them extra.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand why Kodak's executive team is not in jail, smashing big rocks into little rocks. They are pure criminals for how they have trashed that company.
    OMG!! WTF?? Make them be productive for the first time in their lives?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's destructive, not productive.

After they break 'em up, have them glue the little rocks back together into big rocks.

Seriously, I'm as frustrated as anyone else but I don't see criminality. Where's the hostility at the board who has put up with this crap?

Part of the problem is in the very nature of the stock market and publicly held companies. People invest for short term, or at least relatively short term, gain. Long term profit and sustainability will be sacrificed in a heart beat anytime it's possible to do so in order to improve this quarter's bottom line. I'm very glad I work for a private company that can, and does, take a long term view.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anarchy for the Rich!

No Banker Left Behind!

Do Kodak employees really think they'll get what's theirs without a fight? Sad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    After they break 'em up, have them glue the little rocks back together into big rocks.
    Split them up into two teams. One breaking rocks and one gluing them together. After two hours, change sides.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think so. Sounds like they're fighting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    ...it wouldn't be allowed in most countries...
    And thus you have zeroed in on the real meaning of "American exceptionalism."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin