Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,488   Online: 830

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Petition to save Velvia 50

Hi,

Slightly off topic but there is now an online petition to save Velvia 50 which Fujifilm announced they will stop producing in certain formats (initially 4x5 and 8x10). The news was announced in the BJP: http://www.bjp-online.com/british-jo...essional-films

The petition now has over 1,000 signatures including some high profile photographers such as Joe Cornish. The petition can be signed here: http://www.change.org/petitions/fuji...-50-sheet-film

Cheers
    Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Signatures are free, Velvia costs money. You might get a lot of signatures, but Fuji is paying attention to sales numbers, not signature numbers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Signed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Do both Nate. The photographic community cried out loud last time and they listened. God hopes they'll do the same here.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, ideally if anyone cares about keeping this film alive they should sign and then go and buy some film, shoot it and enjoy it...

Although FujiFilm are starting with some films in some formats it may not be long before other formats and emulsions start dissapearing soon...

As Klainemeister pointed out this film was actually brought back once before by the photographic community so it can't hurt to try, a lot to gain, and not much to lose we would say...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Might as well sign a petition demanding world peace. They'd probably be a lot more responsive if everyone on the list attached a thousand dollar preorder check instead of just a signature.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Something that might go a long way is people like Joe Cornish and David Ward being more vocal about film, perhaps making photography club/university visits showing their incredible slides - a la Ansel Adams.
    These guys have the best argument for shooting Velvia 50 and it would be a shame if they went unheard during the next few months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doesn't Cornish shoot with a Phase One digital back now?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I believe he does professionally, but he's spoken about still shooting Velvia for personal work and has signed this petition. I think he's still a champion of film photography in general.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For what its worth I've signed it. I do still buy my meager amount but I doubt the amount I buy or don't buy will have any effect on what Fuji do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin