Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,270   Online: 945

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Thread: Fotokemika ...

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Roger I use Efke 50PL (4x5) developed in Hypercat, Efke 50 has a very different look to others film especially in pyro, where it really shines in my opinion. I also use Pan F these film have a very different look, Pan F has more inherent contrast and creates a cooler look (don't know how else to describe it). Adding a ND Filter to an uncoated lens adds an additional glass surface not so good. And to quote you "Pan X did, not with the same look granted, but finer grain." Well I don't have a problem with grain I love it in fact, but I am after a certain look that I get with a certain film. I am also sure that I will be able to recreate that look with other films, I just have to experiment some.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understand. Believe me, I understand "I like Efke films and nothing else has the same look." What I didn't understand was needing specifically SLOW films in sheets. My fastest 4x5 lens is f/4.7 and that's fast for LF. My other two are 6.8 and 7.7, with the latter being a 203 Ektar, and the one most likely to be used for portraits where I might shoot near wide open. (I love that little lens.) It starts out nearly f/8 and add even a yellow filter, and the fact I don't shoot in bright sun...

I understand loving a film that's going away, believe me. (I found E100G after Astia was axed and then Kodak took it too ) I was just questioning needing a specifically very slow film for large format. Thought I concede some people may.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I understand. Believe me, I understand "I like Efke films and nothing else has the same look." What I didn't understand was needing specifically SLOW films in sheets. My fastest 4x5 lens is f/4.7 and that's fast for LF. My other two are 6.8 and 7.7, with the latter being a 203 Ektar, and the one most likely to be used for portraits where I might shoot near wide open. (I love that little lens.) It starts out nearly f/8 and add even a yellow filter, and the fact I don't shoot in bright sun...

I understand loving a film that's going away, believe me. (I found E100G after Astia was axed and then Kodak took it too ) I was just questioning needing a specifically very slow film for large format. Thought I concede some people may.
    Well, I confess that I have used the Efke PL 25 M in sheet film. Is there a need for it. Of course not. I used it anyway because I can. I suppose that I could make images without using any film at all, but I like to make images using film. Of course it isn't good to loose any film or paper.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Totally agree! "I've used it and I like it" is plenty reason enough.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Andy

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another reason to use fine grained films is if you scan the negatives and like to look at them in full size to study details. If you use the same resolution when you're scanning 35mm and 4x5" the grain will look the same on the screen in full size.

It would not surprise me if the Efke films will be made in Germany under the name Adox in the future.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What do you mean by "full size?"

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    What do you mean by "full size?"
    Full size = showing the picture at 100% (One pixel on the picture is one pixel on the screen).
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    35mm
    While we are on the topic I have a few film questions. Does anyone know whether Kodak is still coating any film? Has either 2475 or 2484 been made any time recently? If it has been, was it for civilian use? For years there was inexpensive Afga b&w film sold under the Agfa, Tura and other names. When Agfaphoto and Konica ceased production that must have allowed some breathing space for Ilford. Konica was never a big presence in the U.S when it came to b&w film. The absence of Agfa (Agfaphoto) must have helped Ilford more. If both Kodak and Fuji ceased all film production, would Ilford be capable of making at least some color print film? The handwriting was on the wall for E-6 for some time. Now that Kodak is no longer making slide film maybe Fuji, at the new higher prices, can make it a while longer. When a 36 exp. roll of Portra 800 sells for more than $10 I have to wonder how much longer it will be around. I can see a time when all of my film cameras will only have b&w to shoot with and all color work will be digital. Does anyone know whether Agfa-Gevaert is still coating film? What ever became of the Foto-Impex project to coat b&w films similer to APX 100 and 400 using old machinery from Agfaphoto?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak is still operating the film division as usual making tons of ECN-2 and ECP and lots of B&W and C41 products.

As for the others, try questioning the companies.

Dynachrome is no longer making any film.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin